Today's Ticket - 5/10
Here are some ideas on how to spend your Sunday.
For Sunday, March 10, 2009
MOTHER'S DAY BRUNCH
NIKKI BEACH CLUB
If Mom loves feasting on sushi, omelets or French toast while grooving to house music, take her to Nikki Beach's famous buffet in the sand.
Details: 11 a.m.-6 p.m.; Nikki Beach Club, 1 Ocean Dr., South Beach; 305-538-1111; $32.95 adults, $22.95 kids.
MOTHER'S DAY CONCERT
SHIRLEY CAESAR AND MARY MARY
Make it a true "Mother's Day to Remember" with gospel singers Shirley Caesar and Mary Mary.
Details: 5 p.m.; Hard Rock Live at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, 1 Seminole Way, Hollywood;954-327-7625 or Ticketmaster; $35-$65.
TAKE MOM CRUISIN'
THE VENETIAN LADY
Two chances for Mom to enjoy beautiful Biscayne Bay by yacht, with two full bars and two dance floors. Click here for the brunch cruise or here for the dinner cruise.
Details: 11 a.m. ($85 adults, $42.95 kids) and 3:30 p.m. ($95 adults - includes liquor - $42.95 kids); 305-379-5119, ext. 201.
-- MICHAEL HAMERSLY
- Tonight: 'Bourbon & Beats' at Radio Bar in South Beach with hard-to-find Pappy Van Winkle 15-year
- SushiSamba celebrates Brazil's Carnaval on Lincoln Road and in Coral Gables on Tuesday night with live samba dancing, batucada drummers, DJs and specialty cocktails
- Coming soon to Wynwood: a craft beer bar called KUSH
- Velvet Underground: Spa party at the Viceroy, Chaos Cooking comes to Miami, Spam Allstars drop a new album, and Sunday funday at The Broken Shaker
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Feb. 28 - March 2
- Beloved South Beach DJ Mark Leventhal dies at 50 after nearly one month in the hospital
- Miami native Blake Lee to appear in ABC's new sitcom ‘Mixology’
- Soulfrito Urban Latin Music Festival brings the top urban and Latin acts
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Feb. 21-23
- Velvet Underground: The Dead Rabbit pops up at Patpong Road, The Stage launches 3-2-1 Lounge, Chippendales extends its visit, and Eats N Beats in the Design District