Today's Ticket - 5/10
Here are some ideas on how to spend your Sunday.
For Sunday, March 10, 2009
MOTHER'S DAY BRUNCH
NIKKI BEACH CLUB
If Mom loves feasting on sushi, omelets or French toast while grooving to house music, take her to Nikki Beach's famous buffet in the sand.
Details: 11 a.m.-6 p.m.; Nikki Beach Club, 1 Ocean Dr., South Beach; 305-538-1111; $32.95 adults, $22.95 kids.
MOTHER'S DAY CONCERT
SHIRLEY CAESAR AND MARY MARY
Make it a true "Mother's Day to Remember" with gospel singers Shirley Caesar and Mary Mary.
Details: 5 p.m.; Hard Rock Live at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, 1 Seminole Way, Hollywood;954-327-7625 or Ticketmaster; $35-$65.
TAKE MOM CRUISIN'
THE VENETIAN LADY
Two chances for Mom to enjoy beautiful Biscayne Bay by yacht, with two full bars and two dance floors. Click here for the brunch cruise or here for the dinner cruise.
Details: 11 a.m. ($85 adults, $42.95 kids) and 3:30 p.m. ($95 adults - includes liquor - $42.95 kids); 305-379-5119, ext. 201.
-- MICHAEL HAMERSLY
- Velvet Underground: Vinyl fever returns on Record Store Day, LA-based dark glam opera band 'Timur and the Dime Museum' plays for The Miami Light Project, and go retro with famed drag queen Elaine Lancaster at Miami Bingo Bash
- Velvet Underground: Heavyweight champion Shannon "The Cannon" Briggs hosts fight night at Wonderland, Cuban hip hopper Danay Suarez plays North Beach, Alberto Cabrera's Bread + Butter launches happy hour
- MOVA Lounge hosts 5th annual Block Party for Miami Beach Gay Pride Festival
- Plans emerge to save Miami's oldest bar as owners announce sale of Tobacco Road
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 11 - 13
- Dita Von Teese takes it off for South Florida
- 'Cocktales: Confessions of a Nymphomaniac' debuts at Bardot and runs through April
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 4 - 6
- SL Miami at The James Royal Palm closes
- Top three takeaways from Miami Music Week and Ultra Music Festival