Today's Ticket - 5/09
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing tonight.
For Saturday, May 9, 2009
Block party celebrates infamous bar's ninth anniversary, with the Spam All-Stars performing.
Details: 2 p.m.-5 a.m.; Bougainvillea's Old Florida Tavern, 7221 SW 58th Ave.,South Miami; 305-669-8577 or http://bougiesbar.com; free.
EARLY START FOR MOM
GROOVE IN THE GROVE
Mom will love this festival, which offers great food, art exhibits, a fashion show and live musical performances by Latin crooner Jon Secada, reggae star Maxi Priest and local world-music faves MaWoN.
Details: 4 p.m.; Peacock Park, 2820 McFarlane Rd., Coconut Grove; 305-642-1271 or www.coconutgrove.com ; free.
ED HARDY FASHION SHOW
Feast your eyes on the designer's tattoo culture-inspired duds while moving to the best in house and open format sounds.
Details: 10 p.m.; Ink Boutique Nightclub, 717 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; 305-531-4465 for table reservations.
-- MICHAEL HAMERSLY
- Go Drink This: House-Bottled Pear and Hibiscus Cider
- Miami nightlife impresario Chris Paciello to open Rockwell nightclub in Miami Beach
- Charity cocktailing, tricking out, clam baking, jet setting, swining and dining, and salsa dancing
- Could this be the Best Happy Hour in Miami: American Social in Brickell
- Go Drink This: Lemongrass Collins
- Four Seasons Brickell hosts End of Summer pool party
- Metro Railing, antique spicing, sommelier slamming, straycationing & Blocktoberfesting
- Go Drink This: Jalapeño & Tamarind Pisco Sour
- Cinema, celluloid, flicks, a new babe in Brickell named Marion & Mexican Independence Day
- Mansion nightclub closing its doors; re-opening as Icon