Today's Ticket - 5/09
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing tonight.
For Saturday, May 9, 2009
Block party celebrates infamous bar's ninth anniversary, with the Spam All-Stars performing.
Details: 2 p.m.-5 a.m.; Bougainvillea's Old Florida Tavern, 7221 SW 58th Ave.,South Miami; 305-669-8577 or http://bougiesbar.com; free.
EARLY START FOR MOM
GROOVE IN THE GROVE
Mom will love this festival, which offers great food, art exhibits, a fashion show and live musical performances by Latin crooner Jon Secada, reggae star Maxi Priest and local world-music faves MaWoN.
Details: 4 p.m.; Peacock Park, 2820 McFarlane Rd., Coconut Grove; 305-642-1271 or www.coconutgrove.com ; free.
ED HARDY FASHION SHOW
Feast your eyes on the designer's tattoo culture-inspired duds while moving to the best in house and open format sounds.
Details: 10 p.m.; Ink Boutique Nightclub, 717 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; 305-531-4465 for table reservations.
-- MICHAEL HAMERSLY
- Velvet Underground: Vinyl fever returns on Record Store Day, LA-based dark glam opera band 'Timur and the Dime Museum' plays for The Miami Light Project, and go retro with famed drag queen Elaine Lancaster at Miami Bingo Bash
- Velvet Underground: Heavyweight champion Shannon "The Cannon" Briggs hosts fight night at Wonderland, Cuban hip hopper Danay Suarez plays North Beach, Alberto Cabrera's Bread + Butter launches happy hour
- MOVA Lounge hosts 5th annual Block Party for Miami Beach Gay Pride Festival
- Plans emerge to save Miami's oldest bar as owners announce sale of Tobacco Road
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 11 - 13
- Dita Von Teese takes it off for South Florida
- 'Cocktales: Confessions of a Nymphomaniac' debuts at Bardot and runs through April
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 4 - 6
- SL Miami at The James Royal Palm closes
- Top three takeaways from Miami Music Week and Ultra Music Festival