Today's Ticket - 5/09
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing tonight.
For Saturday, May 9, 2009
Block party celebrates infamous bar's ninth anniversary, with the Spam All-Stars performing.
Details: 2 p.m.-5 a.m.; Bougainvillea's Old Florida Tavern, 7221 SW 58th Ave.,South Miami; 305-669-8577 or http://bougiesbar.com; free.
EARLY START FOR MOM
GROOVE IN THE GROVE
Mom will love this festival, which offers great food, art exhibits, a fashion show and live musical performances by Latin crooner Jon Secada, reggae star Maxi Priest and local world-music faves MaWoN.
Details: 4 p.m.; Peacock Park, 2820 McFarlane Rd., Coconut Grove; 305-642-1271 or www.coconutgrove.com ; free.
ED HARDY FASHION SHOW
Feast your eyes on the designer's tattoo culture-inspired duds while moving to the best in house and open format sounds.
Details: 10 p.m.; Ink Boutique Nightclub, 717 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; 305-531-4465 for table reservations.
-- MICHAEL HAMERSLY
- Velvet Underground: Slap & Tickle pops up underground at FDR and Ball & Chain throws first La Pachanga party
- Railroad Blues boasts weekend lineup of local musicians
- Club Rio offers DJs, bottle service with gaming
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - September 12 - 14
- Go Drink This: Sweet Tarts Cocktail
- Velvet Underground: Complimentary wine for women at (petit) Miami and Cat Shell performs at the W South Beach
- All-star team brings 'Sweet Liberty Drink and Supply Company' to South Beach in December
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - September 5 - 7
- Go Drink This: White Cosmo
- Velvet Underground: Dine in style with chef Aaron Dreilinger and Brick House launches throwback dance party series