Today's Ticket - 5/09
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing tonight.
For Saturday, May 9, 2009
Block party celebrates infamous bar's ninth anniversary, with the Spam All-Stars performing.
Details: 2 p.m.-5 a.m.; Bougainvillea's Old Florida Tavern, 7221 SW 58th Ave.,South Miami; 305-669-8577 or http://bougiesbar.com; free.
EARLY START FOR MOM
GROOVE IN THE GROVE
Mom will love this festival, which offers great food, art exhibits, a fashion show and live musical performances by Latin crooner Jon Secada, reggae star Maxi Priest and local world-music faves MaWoN.
Details: 4 p.m.; Peacock Park, 2820 McFarlane Rd., Coconut Grove; 305-642-1271 or www.coconutgrove.com ; free.
ED HARDY FASHION SHOW
Feast your eyes on the designer's tattoo culture-inspired duds while moving to the best in house and open format sounds.
Details: 10 p.m.; Ink Boutique Nightclub, 717 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; 305-531-4465 for table reservations.
-- MICHAEL HAMERSLY
- Go Drink This: Canchánchara
- Win VIP access for The Do-Over Miami on Sunday, August 9!
- Go Drink This: Bari
- Rok Brgr Block Party, Beverly Hills Cafe 2.0, Pisco Hour, Dive-In Movies
- Go Drink This: Mojito Illegal
- Drinkhouse Fire & Ice set to bring frosty fun to Miami nightlife
- The 10 Must-Have Cocktails in Miami this Summer
- Could this be the Best Happy Hour in Miami: Toscana Divino in Brickell
- Sunset Swim, Bacchanal at Bagatelle, see J Alvarez for free, beer & clay at the Wolfsonian & free Wapo Tacos!
- Go Drink This: Scotch and the Coconut