Today's Ticket - 5/08
Plenty to do on a Friday night in Miami. Which events will you choose?
For Friday, March 8, 2009
DR. WOODY at NIKKI BEACH
Take your career to the next level and enjoy Ron Abuelo cocktails from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Meet with Dr. Woody, Michael Woodward, PhD. who is a CEC certified professional coach. He will give a short speech to help you get back on the road to meeting your goals. Admission is free.
Details: 6:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m., Nikki Beach, One Ocean Dr., Miami Beach; RSVP here.
Vibrant young Russian violin virtuoso performs.
Details: 8 p.m., SoBe Music Institute, 2100 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; 305-674-9220.
NINE INCH NAILS AND JANE'S ADDICTION
Industrial rock pioneer Nine Inch Nails, led by Trent Reznor, performs raging hits including "Head Like a Hole," "Closer" and "Hurt," while Perry Farrell and Jane's Addiction churn out alt-rock classics including "Been Caught Stealing," "Stop!" and "Jane Says."
Details: 7 p.m. Friday; $25-$99; Cruzan Amphitheatre, 601-7 Sansbury's Way, West Palm Beach; 561-793-0445, Ticketmaster or Livenation.com
CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES
KOOL & THE GANG
Kool & The Gang perform classic soul/funk hits "Ladies Night," "Jungle Boogie," "Tonight," "Joanna," "Get Down On It" and "Celebrate."
Details: 8 p.m. Friday; $57-$125; Miramar Cultural Center, 2400 Civic Center Pl., Miramar; 954-602-4500 or www.miramarculturalcenter.org.
FEEL THE MAGIC
Illusionist Dylan Ace conjures up spectacular tricks with no smoke or mirrors.
Details: 8 p.m. Friday; $10; The Main Street Playhouse, 6766 Main St., Miami Lakes; 305-558-3737 or www.dylanace.com.
NEED FOR SPEED
GUMBALL 3000 WRAP PARTY
Join the racers of the "rock 'n roll car rally," The Gumball 3000, as they celebrate the official wrap party, with DJ Muggs from Cypress Hill and SixKiller, Beef Warehouse and Konflikt providing the hippest of soundtracks.
Details: 10 p.m. Friday; Louis at Gansevoort South Hotel, 2377 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-604-1000.
-- MICHAEL HAMERSLY
- Moët & Chandon presents Seaspice's new cocktail hour
- The Forge brings back its famed Wednesday night party
- The Who - win a pair of tickets
- Dance-music pioneer Jellybean Benitez talks about Madonna, EDM, Studio 54 before event at PAMM
- Tobacco Road celebrates new location Sunday
- Rum Running on South Beach, Galaxy Gala, and Philanthropic Eating, lots of it
- Go Drink This: Spicy Raspberry Collins
- Katsuya unveils new installation by Miami artist Tatiana Suarez
- Miss Coco Peru at Cabaret, Spring Fling at 1111, db Bistro happenings, early bird boozing at Katsuya
- The Forge in Miami Beach fuses music and food three nights a week