Today's Ticket - 5/08
Plenty to do on a Friday night in Miami. Which events will you choose?
For Friday, March 8, 2009
DR. WOODY at NIKKI BEACH
Take your career to the next level and enjoy Ron Abuelo cocktails from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Meet with Dr. Woody, Michael Woodward, PhD. who is a CEC certified professional coach. He will give a short speech to help you get back on the road to meeting your goals. Admission is free.
Details: 6:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m., Nikki Beach, One Ocean Dr., Miami Beach; RSVP here.
Vibrant young Russian violin virtuoso performs.
Details: 8 p.m., SoBe Music Institute, 2100 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; 305-674-9220.
NINE INCH NAILS AND JANE'S ADDICTION
Industrial rock pioneer Nine Inch Nails, led by Trent Reznor, performs raging hits including "Head Like a Hole," "Closer" and "Hurt," while Perry Farrell and Jane's Addiction churn out alt-rock classics including "Been Caught Stealing," "Stop!" and "Jane Says."
Details: 7 p.m. Friday; $25-$99; Cruzan Amphitheatre, 601-7 Sansbury's Way, West Palm Beach; 561-793-0445, Ticketmaster or Livenation.com
CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES
KOOL & THE GANG
Kool & The Gang perform classic soul/funk hits "Ladies Night," "Jungle Boogie," "Tonight," "Joanna," "Get Down On It" and "Celebrate."
Details: 8 p.m. Friday; $57-$125; Miramar Cultural Center, 2400 Civic Center Pl., Miramar; 954-602-4500 or www.miramarculturalcenter.org.
FEEL THE MAGIC
Illusionist Dylan Ace conjures up spectacular tricks with no smoke or mirrors.
Details: 8 p.m. Friday; $10; The Main Street Playhouse, 6766 Main St., Miami Lakes; 305-558-3737 or www.dylanace.com.
NEED FOR SPEED
GUMBALL 3000 WRAP PARTY
Join the racers of the "rock 'n roll car rally," The Gumball 3000, as they celebrate the official wrap party, with DJ Muggs from Cypress Hill and SixKiller, Beef Warehouse and Konflikt providing the hippest of soundtracks.
Details: 10 p.m. Friday; Louis at Gansevoort South Hotel, 2377 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-604-1000.
-- MICHAEL HAMERSLY
- 11 events in Miami this weekend - July 29-31
- 5 places in Miami to celebrate National Tequila Day
- Have you discovered Miami's top 5 hidden bars yet?
- 5 happy hours you can't miss in Fort Lauderdale
- Could this be the best wine bar on Calle Ocho in Miami?
- Top 5 places in Miami to cure your hangover
- 5 best ladies nights in Fort Lauderdale
- These are the best places for a fun ladies night on Miami Beach
- There's a new place in Miami to drink $1 mojitos and salsa dance
- Where to order a $435 shot on National Scotch Day