Today's Ticket - 5/07
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing tonight.
For Thursday, May 7, 2009
KINGS OF LEON
Nashville alt-rock band performs in support of its latest album, "Only By the Night," with The Walkmen opening.
Details: 8 p.m. at BankUnited Center, University of Miami, 1245 Dauer Dr., Coral Gables; 305-284-8686 or www.bankunitedcenter.com; $34-$42.
A STATE OF THE STADIUM SHINDIG
Big Bounce, Big Poppa E & the E Band and DJ Lance-O perform to raise money for the restoration of Virginia Key's Miami Marine Stadium.
Details: 6 p.m.-1 a.m.; Bayside Hut, 3501 Rickenbacker Cswy., Key Biscayne; 305-361-0808; free.
YUK IT UP
See Chris Rock's less-famous but still hilarious-brother do stand-up.
Details: 8 p.m.; six additional shows running through Sunday at the Seminole Hard Rock Improv, 5700 Seminole Way, Hollywood; 954-981-5653 or www.improvftl.com; $16.
- Celebrate New Year's Eve in Miami
- Go Drink This: Paint Your Own Negroni
- A Mad Zoo at Grand Central, Wunderbar!, Kooky Cosplay, and Chanukah Yachting
- Go Drink This: Gin Punch
- The music, the madness and the art of the party
- Go Drink This: Walk This Way
- Death & Co alive & well in Miami, art before Basel, bargain beach club, Brazilian nights & pool pop-up
- Go Drink This: Spicy Sipper
- Rock legends, beer, booze, an 80s prom & Greased Lightning, Charlie Brown
- Go Drink This: Positano