Today's Ticket - 5/07
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing tonight.
For Thursday, May 7, 2009
KINGS OF LEON
Nashville alt-rock band performs in support of its latest album, "Only By the Night," with The Walkmen opening.
Details: 8 p.m. at BankUnited Center, University of Miami, 1245 Dauer Dr., Coral Gables; 305-284-8686 or www.bankunitedcenter.com; $34-$42.
A STATE OF THE STADIUM SHINDIG
Big Bounce, Big Poppa E & the E Band and DJ Lance-O perform to raise money for the restoration of Virginia Key's Miami Marine Stadium.
Details: 6 p.m.-1 a.m.; Bayside Hut, 3501 Rickenbacker Cswy., Key Biscayne; 305-361-0808; free.
YUK IT UP
See Chris Rock's less-famous but still hilarious-brother do stand-up.
Details: 8 p.m.; six additional shows running through Sunday at the Seminole Hard Rock Improv, 5700 Seminole Way, Hollywood; 954-981-5653 or www.improvftl.com; $16.
- Beer, pigskin, skin, more pigskin, music, more beer & Super Bowl!
- 5 reasons why we’re excited about the new Vagabond Restaurant & Bar
- Minibar app brings wine, spirits, and beer to your door
- Go Drink This: The Pineapple
- Repour craft cocktail bar to open in South Beach's Albion Hotel
- Sunday symphony, saused Flamingos, philanthropic models and a new monthly Edition
- Go Drink This: Ceviche Sour
- Nude male models in Miami! Booze! Art, music and ping pong, too.
- Ultra Music Festival releases Phase 1 of its 2015 lineup
- Go Drink This: New England Sidecar