Today's Ticket - 5/05
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing tonight
For Tuesday, May 5, 2009
"UNWIGGED AND UNPLUGGED"
Christopher Guest, Michael McKean and Harry Shearer reprise their roles as the faux-metal group Spinal Tap.
Details: 8 p.m.; Fillmore Live at the Jackie Gleason Theater, 1700 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; 305-673-7300 or Livenation; $34.50.
Latin hip-hop/reggae singer Don Sha' performs live.Admission is free.
Details: 10 p.m.; Bougainvillea's Old Florida Tavern, 7221 SW 58th Ave., South Miami; 305-669-8577 or www.bougiesbar.com.
CINCO DE PLUNGE
Miami.com hosts its Cinco de Mayo party at The Gansevoort South's rooftop pool, Plunge. Enjoy Patrón wells and chilled shots for $10 and Tecate Mexican beer for $5. Admission is free.
Details: 9 p.m., Gansevoort South; 2377 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach; 33139; 305-604-1000. More info click here
-- MICHAEL HAMERSLY
- Tonight: 'Bourbon & Beats' at Radio Bar in South Beach with hard-to-find Pappy Van Winkle 15-year
- SushiSamba celebrates Brazil's Carnaval on Lincoln Road and in Coral Gables on Tuesday night with live samba dancing, batucada drummers, DJs and specialty cocktails
- Coming soon to Wynwood: a craft beer bar called KUSH
- Velvet Underground: Spa party at the Viceroy, Chaos Cooking comes to Miami, Spam Allstars drop a new album, and Sunday funday at The Broken Shaker
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Feb. 28 - March 2
- Beloved South Beach DJ Mark Leventhal dies at 50 after nearly one month in the hospital
- Miami native Blake Lee to appear in ABC's new sitcom ‘Mixology’
- Soulfrito Urban Latin Music Festival brings the top urban and Latin acts
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Feb. 21-23
- Velvet Underground: The Dead Rabbit pops up at Patpong Road, The Stage launches 3-2-1 Lounge, Chippendales extends its visit, and Eats N Beats in the Design District