Today's Ticket - 5/04
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing tonight.
For Monday, May 4, 2009
Leading authority on Latin America discusses his book "The Obama Administration and the Americas," which argues that we should focus early and strategically on our neighbors to the south.
Details: 5:30 p.m.; Books & Books, 265 Aragon Ave., Coral Gables; 305-442-4408; free.
MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL
This year's roller coaster ride continues for the surprising Fish as they take on the Cincinnati Reds.
Details: 7:10 p.m.; Dolphin Stadium, 2269 Dan Marino Blvd., Miami Gardens; www.florida.marlins.mlb.com; tickets start at $12.
THE CHAT NOIR CLUB
Who says there's nothing to do on Monday nights? Check out this weekly party that bills itself as "two parts circus, one part burlesque/a pinch of class and a dash of trash."
Details: 10 p.m.; Dream, 1532 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; 305-401-5000; call for cover charge.
-- MICHAEL HAMERSLY
- III Points Festival celebrates third year this weekend
- Touchdowns (you hope), tequila, cheese, pre-game parties and boozing in the Grove
- Go Drink This: The Pink Lady
- Cabarets, supper clubs, oysters, bubbles, beer gardens, yoga & house music all night long
- Go Drink This: House-Bottled Pear and Hibiscus Cider
- Miami nightlife impresario Chris Paciello to open Rockwell nightclub in Miami Beach
- Charity cocktailing, tricking out, clam baking, jet setting, swining and dining, and salsa dancing
- Could this be the Best Happy Hour in Miami: American Social in Brickell
- Go Drink This: Lemongrass Collins
- Four Seasons Brickell hosts End of Summer pool party