Today's Ticket - 4/30
Here's what you could be doing later tonight.
For Thursday, April 30, 2009
GREAT ART AFFAIR
The Great Art Affair, hosted by Miami Beach pop artist Romero Britto, benefits the museum.
Details: 7 p.m.; Coral Springs Museum of Art, 2855 Coral Springs Dr., Coral Springs; 954-340-5000; $50.
Folk singer/songwriter Ray LaMontagne, who thankfully gave us all kinds of "Trouble" a few years ago, performs in support of his latest album "Gossip in the Grain," with Jessica Lea Mayfield opening.
Details: 8 p.m.; Fillmore Miami Beach at the Jackie Gleason Theater, 1700 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; Livenation.com; $34.50-$41.50.
Two chances to catch dreamy Miami indie-rock buzz band Ex Norwegian, performing in support of its debut album "Standby."
Details: 9 p.m; Tobacco Road, 626 S. Miami Ave., Miami; 305-374-1198; $10; also at 10 p.m. May 1; Churchill’s Pub, 5501 NE Second Ave., Miami; 305-757-1807; $5.
See and Do
- Accessible Art: Caribbean-centric exhibition by Haitian artist, Locust Projects wins first NEA grant, and is the Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale expanding?
- Munchkin Fun's 22 fun things to do with the kids Dec 16-21
- 'We Will Rock You' is a guilty pleasure for Queen fans
- Cheech and Chong perform this Sunday at the Hard Rock Live
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Dec. 13-15
- 'Making God Laugh' mines sobering truths
- Found Footage Festival keeps videotape alive
- ‘We Will Rock You’ is built on Queen’s flamboyant rock music
- Accessible Art: Art Basel sets attendance record, color in time and space with Carlos Cruz-Diez, and the Bakehouse Art Complex builds first public metal-casting foundry
- Munchkin Fun's 22 fun things to do with the kids Dec 9-14