Today's Ticket - 5/03
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing tonight.
For Sunday, May 3, 2009
The final day of the Miami Gay and Lesbian Film Festival kicks off with 'Ruby Blue' at 1 p.m., 'I Can't Think Straight' at 3:15 p.m. and 'Little Ashes' at 6:30 p.m.
Details: Colony Theatre, 1040 Lincoln Rd., Miami Beach; each film is $11; Closing-night gala from 9 p.m.-midnight at The Shore Club, 1901 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; $15; info at 305-534-9924 or mglff.com.
New World Symphony The Tchaikovsky Concert, conducted by Michael Tilson Thomas; Piano Concerto No. 1 and Symphony No. 5 are on the program.
Details: 3 p.m.; Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts, Knight Concert Hall, 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; 305-949-6722 or arshtcenter.org; $16.25 - $129.25.
Singer Raphael performs 50 Anos de Vida Artistica at the James L. Knight Center.
Details: 7 p.m.; James L. Knight Center, 400 SE Second Ave., Miami; 305-372-4634 or jlkc.com; $55-$105.
-- MICHAEL HAMERSLY
- 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Enrique Iglesias & Pitbull
- Go Drink This: Black Truffle Martini
- Last call at Tobacco Road, free culture @ YoungArts, Pitbull & Enrique after party
- Drink Ilegal Mezcal cocktails at Mansion Nightclub with bartender Virginia King
- A different sort of Bonfire of the Vanities at Conde Contemporary, Sassy City Chicks & a Ritzy beer garden
- Go Drink This: Piña Colada Old Fashioned
- 'Jazz Nights' at The Raleigh in South Beach
- Miami's Hottest Halloween Parties
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Oct. 10-12
- Velvet Underground: A weird Miami bus tour and an AstroJam highlight the weekend