Today's Ticket - 5/03
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing tonight.
For Sunday, May 3, 2009
The final day of the Miami Gay and Lesbian Film Festival kicks off with 'Ruby Blue' at 1 p.m., 'I Can't Think Straight' at 3:15 p.m. and 'Little Ashes' at 6:30 p.m.
Details: Colony Theatre, 1040 Lincoln Rd., Miami Beach; each film is $11; Closing-night gala from 9 p.m.-midnight at The Shore Club, 1901 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; $15; info at 305-534-9924 or mglff.com.
New World Symphony The Tchaikovsky Concert, conducted by Michael Tilson Thomas; Piano Concerto No. 1 and Symphony No. 5 are on the program.
Details: 3 p.m.; Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts, Knight Concert Hall, 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; 305-949-6722 or arshtcenter.org; $16.25 - $129.25.
Singer Raphael performs 50 Anos de Vida Artistica at the James L. Knight Center.
Details: 7 p.m.; James L. Knight Center, 400 SE Second Ave., Miami; 305-372-4634 or jlkc.com; $55-$105.
-- MICHAEL HAMERSLY
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - July 25-27
- Florida band Anberlin says goodbye at Vans Warped Tour
- Mad Decent Block Party tour kicks off in Fort Lauderdale
- Go Drink This: SushiSamba's Pisco Sour
- Exclusive: The historic Ball and Chain bar and live music venue returns to Little Havana in September
- Velvet Underground: The Stage welcomes Big Sam's Funky Nation for 'Soulfest Weekend' plus more poolside fashion flows at Fifty Miami
- Keep the party going after the sun sets on Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim in Miami
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - July 18 - 20
- Svedka Vodka challenges bartenders nationwide to compete in the first annual Svedka Shakedown in Miami Beach
- Velvet Underground: A daytime salute to Overtown with music and art and Swim Week cascades through South Beach