Today's Ticket - 5/03
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing tonight.
For Sunday, May 3, 2009
The final day of the Miami Gay and Lesbian Film Festival kicks off with 'Ruby Blue' at 1 p.m., 'I Can't Think Straight' at 3:15 p.m. and 'Little Ashes' at 6:30 p.m.
Details: Colony Theatre, 1040 Lincoln Rd., Miami Beach; each film is $11; Closing-night gala from 9 p.m.-midnight at The Shore Club, 1901 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; $15; info at 305-534-9924 or mglff.com.
New World Symphony The Tchaikovsky Concert, conducted by Michael Tilson Thomas; Piano Concerto No. 1 and Symphony No. 5 are on the program.
Details: 3 p.m.; Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts, Knight Concert Hall, 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; 305-949-6722 or arshtcenter.org; $16.25 - $129.25.
Singer Raphael performs 50 Anos de Vida Artistica at the James L. Knight Center.
Details: 7 p.m.; James L. Knight Center, 400 SE Second Ave., Miami; 305-372-4634 or jlkc.com; $55-$105.
-- MICHAEL HAMERSLY
- Go Drink This: Bari
- Go Drink This: Mojito Illegal
- Drinkhouse Fire & Ice set to bring frosty fun to Miami nightlife
- The 10 Must-Have Cocktails in Miami this Summer
- Could this be the Best Happy Hour in Miami: Toscana Divino in Brickell
- Sunset Swim, Bacchanal at Bagatelle, see J Alvarez for free, beer & clay at the Wolfsonian & free Wapo Tacos!
- Go Drink This: Scotch and the Coconut
- Freedom's just another word for an excuse to booze, plus a dinner and drag show!
- Go Drink This: Ginger Berry Smash
- Could this be the Best Happy Hour in Miami: EDGE Steak & Bar at the Four Seasons Miami