Today's Ticket - 5/01
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing tonight.
For Friday, May 1, 2009
The Miami Gay & Lesbian Film Festival and Edison Farrow present An Evening with John Waters: This Filthy World Dirtier & Filthier.
Details: 8 p.m. Friday; $45 lower-level; $35 balcony; $125 VIP, includes private reception after show with Waters ($100 for Miami Gay & Lesbian Film Festival members); Lincoln Theater, 541 Lincoln Rd., Miami Beach; www.mglff.com.
DANIEL BERNARD ROUMAIN
Composer and violinist Daniel Bernard Roumain blends funk,rock, hip-hop and classical music, teaming up with the "Queen of Creole," Emeline Michel.
Details: 8 p.m. Friday; $25 - $75, $75 VIP, VIP ticket includes post-show meet-the-artist reception; Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts, Knight Concert Hall, 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; 305-949-6722 or www.arshtcenter.org.
KAREN PETERSON AND DANCERS
Karen Peterson and Dancers are Florida's only modern dance company to feature collaborative "mixed-ability" work and contemporary repertory.
Details: 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 4 p.m. Sunday; $15, $10 students; Excello Dance Space, 8700B SW 129th Ter., Miami; 305-298-5879.
-- MICHAEL HAMERSLY
- Sake, beer, oysters and Basel, Art Basel
- Go Drink This: Marrakesh
- ICON Miami opening soon in former Mansion space and now hiring
- Rok'n burgers on 73rd St., rockin' authors hit Rock Bottom at Arsht, Dom at The Dutch & Sweet Liberty's sweet deal
- Could this be the Best Happy Hour in Miami: DECK sixteen at Hyatt Centric
- Neat Stuff's Casino Night returns this Friday at Nikki Beach
- LUCKYRICE at the Raleigh, PIG in Wynwood, a pre-Pride Soiree & showboating on Fisher Island with the Pointer Sisters
- Go Drink This: Sir Isaac Newton
- New lounges, poolside rap parties, free concerts, food fetes & dinner with Uncle Luke
- Go Drink This: The Aviator