Today's Ticket - 5/01
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing tonight.
For Friday, May 1, 2009
The Miami Gay & Lesbian Film Festival and Edison Farrow present An Evening with John Waters: This Filthy World Dirtier & Filthier.
Details: 8 p.m. Friday; $45 lower-level; $35 balcony; $125 VIP, includes private reception after show with Waters ($100 for Miami Gay & Lesbian Film Festival members); Lincoln Theater, 541 Lincoln Rd., Miami Beach; www.mglff.com.
DANIEL BERNARD ROUMAIN
Composer and violinist Daniel Bernard Roumain blends funk,rock, hip-hop and classical music, teaming up with the "Queen of Creole," Emeline Michel.
Details: 8 p.m. Friday; $25 - $75, $75 VIP, VIP ticket includes post-show meet-the-artist reception; Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts, Knight Concert Hall, 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; 305-949-6722 or www.arshtcenter.org.
KAREN PETERSON AND DANCERS
Karen Peterson and Dancers are Florida's only modern dance company to feature collaborative "mixed-ability" work and contemporary repertory.
Details: 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 4 p.m. Sunday; $15, $10 students; Excello Dance Space, 8700B SW 129th Ter., Miami; 305-298-5879.
-- MICHAEL HAMERSLY
- Radio Bar in South Beach hosts complimentary monthly mixology classes
- Go Drink This: Deal Closer
- FDR & Electric Pickle Anniversary Bashes, Battioke, Rolling Loud & Fools' Paradise at Churchill's
- Go Drink This: Greenhouse Smash
- Wynwood's Electric Pickle turns 6, throws weekend-long anniversary bash
- French house, condo cinema, food, drink and fests!
- Wynwood's new piano bar pops up at Cafeina on Thursday nights
- Go Drink This: Mixology for Two, an interactive session
- 'French Tuesdays' returns to South Beach nightlife
- Go Drink This: Cocktails for Two