Today's Ticket - 5/01
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing tonight.
For Friday, May 1, 2009
The Miami Gay & Lesbian Film Festival and Edison Farrow present An Evening with John Waters: This Filthy World Dirtier & Filthier.
Details: 8 p.m. Friday; $45 lower-level; $35 balcony; $125 VIP, includes private reception after show with Waters ($100 for Miami Gay & Lesbian Film Festival members); Lincoln Theater, 541 Lincoln Rd., Miami Beach; www.mglff.com.
DANIEL BERNARD ROUMAIN
Composer and violinist Daniel Bernard Roumain blends funk,rock, hip-hop and classical music, teaming up with the "Queen of Creole," Emeline Michel.
Details: 8 p.m. Friday; $25 - $75, $75 VIP, VIP ticket includes post-show meet-the-artist reception; Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts, Knight Concert Hall, 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; 305-949-6722 or www.arshtcenter.org.
KAREN PETERSON AND DANCERS
Karen Peterson and Dancers are Florida's only modern dance company to feature collaborative "mixed-ability" work and contemporary repertory.
Details: 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 4 p.m. Sunday; $15, $10 students; Excello Dance Space, 8700B SW 129th Ter., Miami; 305-298-5879.
-- MICHAEL HAMERSLY
- Tonight: 'Bourbon & Beats' at Radio Bar in South Beach with hard-to-find Pappy Van Winkle 15-year
- SushiSamba celebrates Brazil's Carnaval on Lincoln Road and in Coral Gables on Tuesday night with live samba dancing, batucada drummers, DJs and specialty cocktails
- Coming soon to Wynwood: a craft beer bar called KUSH
- Velvet Underground: Spa party at the Viceroy, Chaos Cooking comes to Miami, Spam Allstars drop a new album, and Sunday funday at The Broken Shaker
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Feb. 28 - March 2
- Beloved South Beach DJ Mark Leventhal dies at 50 after nearly one month in the hospital
- Miami native Blake Lee to appear in ABC's new sitcom ‘Mixology’
- Soulfrito Urban Latin Music Festival brings the top urban and Latin acts
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Feb. 21-23
- Velvet Underground: The Dead Rabbit pops up at Patpong Road, The Stage launches 3-2-1 Lounge, Chippendales extends its visit, and Eats N Beats in the Design District