Today's Ticket - 5/01
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing tonight.
For Friday, May 1, 2009
The Miami Gay & Lesbian Film Festival and Edison Farrow present An Evening with John Waters: This Filthy World Dirtier & Filthier.
Details: 8 p.m. Friday; $45 lower-level; $35 balcony; $125 VIP, includes private reception after show with Waters ($100 for Miami Gay & Lesbian Film Festival members); Lincoln Theater, 541 Lincoln Rd., Miami Beach; www.mglff.com.
DANIEL BERNARD ROUMAIN
Composer and violinist Daniel Bernard Roumain blends funk,rock, hip-hop and classical music, teaming up with the "Queen of Creole," Emeline Michel.
Details: 8 p.m. Friday; $25 - $75, $75 VIP, VIP ticket includes post-show meet-the-artist reception; Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts, Knight Concert Hall, 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; 305-949-6722 or www.arshtcenter.org.
KAREN PETERSON AND DANCERS
Karen Peterson and Dancers are Florida's only modern dance company to feature collaborative "mixed-ability" work and contemporary repertory.
Details: 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 4 p.m. Sunday; $15, $10 students; Excello Dance Space, 8700B SW 129th Ter., Miami; 305-298-5879.
-- MICHAEL HAMERSLY
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - August 22- 24
- Go Drink This: Spicy Roman at Set Nightclub
- Review: Steam Miami boils with curiosity, but simmers at points
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - August 15 - 17
- Go Drink This: Katsuya Fresh at Katsuya South Beach
- Velvet Underground: Cheers to one year of local brews at Wynwood Brewing Company and all-you-can-eat tacos at Toro Toro
- #HowToMiami – Mojito
- All Hail the Cocktail: trends migrate to Miami from Tales of the Cocktail
- Go Drink This: The Alluring Gem
- Miami bar, brewery, lounge and nightclub openings, plus big plans for hotel nightlife