TiramesU leaving Lincoln Road, moving to SoFi
After 17 years on Lincoln, venerable Italian to return to SoFi origins
101 Washington Ave.
Having just celebrated 25 years in biz — a lifetime when it comes to Miami Beach restaurants — and 17 years on Lincoln Road, TiramesU is packing up and moving to 101 Washington Ave. in the beach's South of Fifth neighborhood. The restaurant's last supper at 721 Lincoln Rd. will be served Sunday, April 27.
“South of Fifth is a growing dining destination and I’m very excited to be in the same neighborhood of many successful and internationally renowned restaurants,” says co-owner Graziano Sbroggio.
When TiramesU opens its new location, sometime after this summer, its neighbors will include Joe's Stone Crab, Estiatorio Milos, Prime Fish, Red the Steakhouse, La Maison and La Gloutonnerie.
Executive chef Fabrizio Pintus is working on a new menu, one that will still feature the restaurant's homemade pasta dishes, among other things.
“I love exploring new recipes and the use of different ingredients with unexpected combinations," Pintus says. "The idea is to experiment with new dishes while remaining grounded in solid traditions. The new TiramesU will offer inventive modern Italian flavors with simple yet refined plates that entice the palate and delight our patrons. I’d like for TiramesU to become your 'homey' kitchen away from home.”
TiramesU opened in 1988 at Ocean Drive and Fifth Street before moving to Lincoln Road in 1997. It is owned and managed by Graspa Group, which includes Spris Pizza on Lincoln Road, downtown and in midtown, as well as Segafredo and Salumeria 104.
- Golden Fig farmhouse restaurant opening late summer in ex OTC space
- Pierre's, Morada Beach Cafe off the market with new executive chef, Ishmael Toro
- Dinner at La Savina at Mondrian out; Brooklyn's Momo Sushi Shack 'pop-up' in
- Ted's at YoungArts closed
- LGBT Night at Dos Caminos
- OTC closes in Brickell after 3-year run
- Morimoto South Beach introduces weekend brunch
- Ex District chef, James Beard nominee Horacio Rivadero appointed executive chef at Tantalize
- More tacos on the way: Wapo Taco opening in Coral Gables
- DB Bistro Moderne Miami goes casual for the summer