‘Tinkertoy: Build Your Imagination’ at MCM gives kids a chance to create
Miami Children's Museum hosts an interactive exhibit ‘Tinkertoy: Build Your Imagination’ to celebrate the toy's 95th anniversary.
Bring your budding architects to the Miami Children’s Museum (980 MacArthur Cswy., Miami) starting this Saturday for their new interactive exhibit “Tinkertoy: Build Your Imagination,” a 1,500-square-foot exhibit for kids ages 3-10 featuring giant replicas of classic Tinkertoy construction toys to be used for a variety of activities. The exhibit also features a retrospective of the toy’s history and hands-on fun for the whole family to enjoy. The exhibit is through Sept. 14. Admission is $18 for adults and children, $14 for Florida residents, free for children younger than under 1 year, and complimentary admission for members. Museum hours are 10 a.m.-6 p.m. daily.
See and Do
- Halloween Miami 2014: Events for the whole family
- Pumpkin patches, family movies & freebie crafts: Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 26-28
- Spanish singer Pitingo’s “Souleria” blends flamenco with R&B soul
- Little Havana’s Viernes Culturales still serves up Latin culture
- Gay past meets present in GableStage’s ‘Mothers and Sons’
- Seaon of the Arts: Top theater events of 2014-15
- Disney on ice, mini camps & specialty crafts - Munchkin Fun's picks for the week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 19-21
- Pop-Up Parks Sprout in Downtown Miami Parking Spaces on Friday