Timo's changes name to TK's at the Villa Mayfair
Coconut Grove eatery switches name after tiff with Sunny Isles Beach restaurant.
Timo's restaurant in Coconut Grove has changed its name to TK's at the Villa Mayfair as a result of legal action from Timo restaurant in Sunny Isles Beach.
To recap: Investor Timo Kipp opened his Timo's in Coconut Grove last year. Timo restaurant, which chef-owner Tim Andriola has run since 2003 in Sunny Isles, sued in federal court in Miami, alleging trademark infringement.
Today, Kipp announced his restaurant is now TK's at the Villa Mayfair "to avoid confusion with another restaurant with a similar name."
A news releases goes on to assure customers that "nothing but the name has changed.
"TK’s will offer the same great food, the same personal service in the same warm and welcoming environment."
Let's hope for TK's sake that at least some things have changed since Miami.com's 1.5-star review.
In it, critic Victoria Pesce Elliott said she encountered food that alternatively "looked like it came from a takeout container at the back of someone’s refrigerator" and "had the springy, dry bounce you find on airline meal trays."
TK's at the Villa Mayfair
2901 Florida Ave., Coconut Grove
Hours: Breakfast, lunch and dinner Tuesday-Saturday
- Food Network chef Ben Vaughn joins Swine Southern Table & Bar for 2-month takeover
- Michael Pirolo, Aaron Brooks & Niven Patel join Kaytlin Brakefield on 3-course collab
- Chef Michael Schwartz to open Fi’lia, a new Italian concept, in Brickell in fall of 2016
- Move over koji: The "Approachable" Restaurant is Miami's latest, hottest food trend
- Picking your political poison: Broken Shaker debuts the Sorry Donald cocktail
- Who makes Miami's prettiest latte?
- 9 recipes to get you in the mood for #NegroniWeek
- Eating House's Giorgio Rapicavoli's 2-night Azul collaboration
- Donuts and cocktails for Friday's National Donut Day
- A new Top 10: Cypress Tavern cracks list of 2016's best-reviewed restaurants