Timo's changes name to TK's at the Villa Mayfair
Coconut Grove eatery switches name after tiff with Sunny Isles Beach restaurant.
TK's at the Villa Mayfair
2901 Florida Ave., Coconut Grove
Hours: Breakfast, lunch and dinner Tuesday-Saturday
Timo's restaurant in Coconut Grove has changed its name to TK's at the Villa Mayfair as a result of legal action from Timo restaurant in Sunny Isles Beach.
To recap: Investor Timo Kipp opened his Timo's in Coconut Grove last year. Timo restaurant, which chef-owner Tim Andriola has run since 2003 in Sunny Isles, sued in federal court in Miami, alleging trademark infringement.
Today, Kipp announced his restaurant is now TK's at the Villa Mayfair "to avoid confusion with another restaurant with a similar name."
A news releases goes on to assure customers that "nothing but the name has changed.
"TK’s will offer the same great food, the same personal service in the same warm and welcoming environment."
Let's hope for TK's sake that at least some things have changed since Miami.com's 1.5-star review.
In it, critic Victoria Pesce Elliott said she encountered food that alternatively "looked like it came from a takeout container at the back of someone’s refrigerator" and "had the springy, dry bounce you find on airline meal trays."
- Phuc-in Yay! Phuc Yea! Vietnamese pop-up to go permanent mid-May
- Coya Miami opening Thursday, February 19
- 3.5 star review can't keep 27 open; Broken Shaker, restaurant shut temporarily at Freehand
- Wynwood Diner opening in March
- Chef Jeremiah opening in Aventura Mall & joining Grant Achatz's restaurant rez system Tock
- BREAKING: Hedy Goldsmith leaving The Genuine Hospitality Group, relocating to LA
- STK's 'more accessible' sibling STK Rebel opening in downtown Miami
- Crumb on Parchment alum Nicole Votano tapped as Fooq's executive chef
- Chef Art Smith is giving away #101GayWeddings at James Royal Palm during #SOBEWFF
- Lucky Strike bowling lanes on Miami Beach closes; Trader Joe's moving in?