Timo's changes name to TK's at the Villa Mayfair
Coconut Grove eatery switches name after tiff with Sunny Isles Beach restaurant.
TK's at the Villa Mayfair
2901 Florida Ave., Coconut Grove
Hours: Breakfast, lunch and dinner Tuesday-Saturday
Timo's restaurant in Coconut Grove has changed its name to TK's at the Villa Mayfair as a result of legal action from Timo restaurant in Sunny Isles Beach.
To recap: Investor Timo Kipp opened his Timo's in Coconut Grove last year. Timo restaurant, which chef-owner Tim Andriola has run since 2003 in Sunny Isles, sued in federal court in Miami, alleging trademark infringement.
Today, Kipp announced his restaurant is now TK's at the Villa Mayfair "to avoid confusion with another restaurant with a similar name."
A news releases goes on to assure customers that "nothing but the name has changed.
"TK’s will offer the same great food, the same personal service in the same warm and welcoming environment."
Let's hope for TK's sake that at least some things have changed since Miami.com's 1.5-star review.
In it, critic Victoria Pesce Elliott said she encountered food that alternatively "looked like it came from a takeout container at the back of someone’s refrigerator" and "had the springy, dry bounce you find on airline meal trays."
- New kitchen leadership at Bocce Bar?
- Mignonette oyster bar in Miami's Edgwater slated for Aug. 1 opening and we have the menu!
- Jerry's Famous Deli on South Beach is now closed
- Now open: N by Naoe, Kevin Cory's new Brickell Key prix fixe lunch spot
- Ibiza club and Señor Frog's opening in South Beach?
- Umami Burger in Miami Beach closed; Blue Collar has new chef de cuisine; Phillip Bryant leaves Swine
- Khong River House experiments with new menu items
- Closed for "summer vacation": La Maison Miami
- CATCH is closed and allegedly moving to a new Miami location
- NYC-based the Chef Agency expands to Miami