Timo's changes name to TK's at the Villa Mayfair
Coconut Grove eatery switches name after tiff with Sunny Isles Beach restaurant.
TK's at the Villa Mayfair
2901 Florida Ave., Coconut Grove
Hours: Breakfast, lunch and dinner Tuesday-Saturday
Timo's restaurant in Coconut Grove has changed its name to TK's at the Villa Mayfair as a result of legal action from Timo restaurant in Sunny Isles Beach.
To recap: Investor Timo Kipp opened his Timo's in Coconut Grove last year. Timo restaurant, which chef-owner Tim Andriola has run since 2003 in Sunny Isles, sued in federal court in Miami, alleging trademark infringement.
Today, Kipp announced his restaurant is now TK's at the Villa Mayfair "to avoid confusion with another restaurant with a similar name."
A news releases goes on to assure customers that "nothing but the name has changed.
"TK’s will offer the same great food, the same personal service in the same warm and welcoming environment."
Let's hope for TK's sake that at least some things have changed since Miami.com's 1.5-star review.
In it, critic Victoria Pesce Elliott said she encountered food that alternatively "looked like it came from a takeout container at the back of someone’s refrigerator" and "had the springy, dry bounce you find on airline meal trays."
- Chef Jeremiah & Roel Alcudia team up on gastroDobo, a 1-night Filipino pop-up in Wynwood
- GK Bistronomie bringing 'globally inspired Peruvian' cuisine to Wynwood
- Habit Burger opens in Miami, donates first-week proceeds to charity
- 'Chopped' champ Mathias Gervais opening modern Asian restaurant at The Setai
- Morimoto closing Sept. 30 in South Beach
- For the first time, a woman runs the kitchen at The Forge in Miami Beach
- Marion Miami restaurant gets set to open in Brickell
- Dinner Lab hosts Miami meal with gin pairings on Aug. 25
- Miami restaurateur Michael Schwartz faces federal lawsuit alleging employee mistreatment
- Wynwood Diner opens this weekend in Miami