Timbaland gets into the alcohol industry
Sparkling & fruity
Like many of his contemporaries, music man Timbaland is jumping into the booze industry. His LeSutra Sparkling Liqueur will see the light of day Labor Day weekend at the Fontainebleau and then will hit stores retailing at about $29.99 a bottle. Timba recommends drinking this 30 proof stuff, infused with premium vodka, with just ice, as in comes in palate-friendly flavors like blueberry, strawberry, grape and peach.
And the name?
It was inspired by the Hindu word, “Sutra,” meaning the thread that holds things together. The rapper, born Timothy Zachery Mosley in Norfolk, Va., is confident about LeSutra’s success. “Everything that I create is groundbreaking,’’ says the 40-year-old Grammy winner. “My infectious style has helped produce career-defining hits for artists worldwide, and now I’m guaranteeing another hit.” Thanks for the vote of confidence, guy, but LeSutra actually had some help from people in the know: The T-man smartly hitched his wagon to Tom Bruno, a cofounder of Grey Goose, as well as spirits distribution expert Ryan Rosenberg.
Another interesting collabo - a possible tune with (yes) Cher.
On Our Radar
- Gloria Estefan to lead Q&A
- CSI Miami star Omar Miller talks Weekend Fix
- Dwyane Wade getting ready for A Night on the Runwade
- Mr. Olympia Phil Heath gives diet and exercise tips before the holidays
- Pharrell can't sell his Miami condo
- Supermodel Elle Macpherson at opening of Stripsteak
- Eric Trump marries in Palm Beach
- Miami actor Carlos Ponce stays busy
- Jersey Belle star Jaime Sullivan in Miami
- Shireen Sandoval named 'Deco Drive' cohost