Timbaland gets into the alcohol industry
Sparkling & fruity
Like many of his contemporaries, music man Timbaland is jumping into the booze industry. His LeSutra Sparkling Liqueur will see the light of day Labor Day weekend at the Fontainebleau and then will hit stores retailing at about $29.99 a bottle. Timba recommends drinking this 30 proof stuff, infused with premium vodka, with just ice, as in comes in palate-friendly flavors like blueberry, strawberry, grape and peach.
And the name?
It was inspired by the Hindu word, “Sutra,” meaning the thread that holds things together. The rapper, born Timothy Zachery Mosley in Norfolk, Va., is confident about LeSutra’s success. “Everything that I create is groundbreaking,’’ says the 40-year-old Grammy winner. “My infectious style has helped produce career-defining hits for artists worldwide, and now I’m guaranteeing another hit.” Thanks for the vote of confidence, guy, but LeSutra actually had some help from people in the know: The T-man smartly hitched his wagon to Tom Bruno, a cofounder of Grey Goose, as well as spirits distribution expert Ryan Rosenberg.
Another interesting collabo - a possible tune with (yes) Cher.
On Our Radar
- Score tickets for concert at Microsoft store opening
- Will and Jaden Smith get photobombed at Heat game
- Luis Fonsi is engaged to model Agueda López
- Wendy Williams giving out advice at Books and Books
- Kris Humphries swarmed by fans in Miami Beach
- New Disney store to open at Bayside Marketplace
- Cat Daddy Jackson Galaxy coming to Books and Books
- Michael Schwartz goes family style at The Raleigh
- Bryan Adams to perform at Olympia Theater
- Will and Jaden Smith to appear on red carpet