Timbaland gets into the alcohol industry
Sparkling & fruity
Like many of his contemporaries, music man Timbaland is jumping into the booze industry. His LeSutra Sparkling Liqueur will see the light of day Labor Day weekend at the Fontainebleau and then will hit stores retailing at about $29.99 a bottle. Timba recommends drinking this 30 proof stuff, infused with premium vodka, with just ice, as in comes in palate-friendly flavors like blueberry, strawberry, grape and peach.
And the name?
It was inspired by the Hindu word, “Sutra,” meaning the thread that holds things together. The rapper, born Timothy Zachery Mosley in Norfolk, Va., is confident about LeSutra’s success. “Everything that I create is groundbreaking,’’ says the 40-year-old Grammy winner. “My infectious style has helped produce career-defining hits for artists worldwide, and now I’m guaranteeing another hit.” Thanks for the vote of confidence, guy, but LeSutra actually had some help from people in the know: The T-man smartly hitched his wagon to Tom Bruno, a cofounder of Grey Goose, as well as spirits distribution expert Ryan Rosenberg.
Another interesting collabo - a possible tune with (yes) Cher.
On Our Radar
- Wilmer Valderrama will judge Calle Ocho fashion show
- John Turturro to be honored at MIFF
- Cadillac V-series Challenge puts pro golfers, VIPs on the fast track at Homestead-Miami Speedway
- Oprah's Fisher Island home sells again
- Shirley MacLaine to appear at Miami International Film Fest
- Beckhams won't move into Versace mansion
- Celeb spotting: Prime 112 sees a lot of action
- Emilio Estefan movie to have world premiere
- Kim Kardashian's ex husband sells home
- Boca Raton sixth-grader has dog shampoo in Oscars bag