TIKL Raw Bar & Grill opening on Brickell in late July
Altamare branches out into Brickell with 'small and shared plates' restaurant
Opening on Brickell in late July, TIKL Raw Bar & Grill is (here's a word from the past) eclectic, says executive chef Simon Stojanovic, who adds that his menu is "designed for sharing, will be influenced by global cuisines from around the world. Menu items will come and go, based on seasonality and what inspires my cooking that day. There will definitely be an element of surprise at play and our guests should expect unexpected flavor combinations and textures. There’ll always be something to discover.”
About that menu:
Snacks ($3 - $6): bacon toast, duck spring rolls and Bloody Mary bruschetta.
Raw ($8 - $16) Hamachi crudo with yuzu, olive oil powder, wasabi, and scallion; cured Tasmanian ocean trout with scallops, hearts of palm, preserved Meyer lemon and Wagyu carpaccio with artichoke, crispy fennel, ponzu, and truffle oil.
Small ($8 - $18) Warm veal rillet with a slow-poached duck egg, pickled horseradish and toast; Thai curried mussels served with crispy sushi rice and lime and crispy snapper wings served with a Vietnamese bok choy salad.
TIKL’s Japanese double-robata grill ($6 - $18) : Korean skirt steak with citrus soy, kimchi and scallion; day boat scallops with butternut dashi, pumpkin seeds and lime zest and Australian lobster tail with a miso-butter glaze to eggplant with Romesco sauce.
Skewers ($6 - $8): bacon-wrapped enoki with house-made guacamole, chicken thigh with onions and local shrimp with shisito pepper and garlic butter.
Large plates: whole fish of the day and a juicy 24 oz. Porterhouse steak.
desserts ($7 - $9) created by pastry chef Michelle Cabrera, who also oversees the pastry program at Altamare, including red velvet lamington with cream cheese gelato and toasted coconut crisps; robata grilled peaches served with a jasmine reduction, bruléed vanilla bean pound cake and caramel ice cream as well as a daily selection of house-made sorbets and ice creams.
A bar scene will includehappy hours featuring hand crafted signature cocktails, sakes, beers and an outdoor beer garden.
- Vikram Katoch appointed new executive chef at Bianca
- Restaurant-season slowdown hits Miami
- Caviar launches Miami delivery service from Blue Collar, Miami Smokers and more
- BBQ night at Harry's Pizzeria
- Munch, munch, pass: 4/20 dinner sparks up at Eating House in Coral Gables
- Lindsay Autry, Xavier Torres, Todd Erickson, Jason Pringle, & Richard Hales to compete in Cochon 555
- Phuc-in Yay! Phuc Yea! Vietnamese pop-up to go permanent mid-May
- Coya Miami opening Thursday, February 19
- 3.5 star review can't keep 27 open; Broken Shaker, restaurant shut temporarily at Freehand
- Wynwood Diner opening in March