Tickets go on sale for Paul Simon & Sting Live at the BB&T Center in Sunrise
Legendary musicians Paul Simon and Sting to perform together in South Florida
Paul Simon & Sting at BB&T Center, Sunrise
Saturday, March 15, 2014
Tickets on sale now at ticketmaster.com. Prices range from $45 - $250.
Two of today’s most beloved solo artists who made it big as part of a group are teaming up early next year for an exceptional show. Paul Simon and Sting – who at first glance might seem to be two birds of a somewhat different feather - will share the stage March 15 at the BB&T Center in Sunrise.
The two singer-songwriters’ repertoires are almost comically extensive. Simon and partner Art Garfunkel made up one of the greatest songwriting duos in rock history, giving us gems including “The Sound of Silence,” “Homeward Bound,” “Mrs. Robinson,” “The Boxer,” “Scarborough Fair/Canticle,” “The Only Living Boy in New York,” “America,” “Cecilia,” “I Am a Rock” and “Bridge Over Troubled Water.” As a solo artist, Simon flourished as well, with the hits “Me and Julio Down By the Schoolyard,” “Kodachrome,” “Still Crazy After All These Years,” “50 Ways to Leave Your Lover,” “Slip Slidin’ Away,” “Late in the Evening,” “Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes” and “You Can Call Me Al.”
As lyricist, front man and bassist for the groundbreaking new-wave group The Police, Sting and his bandmates Stewart Copeland and Andy Summers rewrote the rules of rock with genre-challenging classics including “Roxanne,” “Message in a Bottle,” “Walking on the Moon,” “Don’t Stand So Close to Me,” “De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da,” “Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic,” “Every Breath You Take” and “King of Pain.” Solo, Sting continued to expand his horizons, with “If You Love Somebody Set Them Free,” “Fortress Around Your Heart,” “Englishman in New York,” “Russians,” “All This Time,” “Moon Over Bourbon Street,” “Fields of Gold,” “If I Ever Lose My Faith in You” and “Desert Rose.”
If the Simon-Sting pairing doesn’t immediately jump out at you as an inspired one, consider: Both Simon and Sting embraced jazz, blues and world music as they aged, and grew as songwriters. And both are, above all, master storytellers and poets. Together in concert, they should achieve astonishing musical richness and depth.
Tickets ($45-$250) go on sale starting today through Ticketmaster.
Music in Miami
- Amtrac Takes Over Basement This Friday, August 28
- Life In Color Early Bird Tickets Are Now On Sale
- Concert Review: Ariana Grande's tour stops in South Florida for an energetic homecoming
- Do Not Sit On the Furniture Kicks Off Independence Day Weekend with Nora En Pure
- Willy Chirino and Carlos Oliva deliver the Miami Sound this Saturday at the Arsht Center
- David Crosby performs songs old and new in Miami
- EC Twins Take Over E11EVEN for Cam Con's Official After Party
- 2015 Summer Music Concert Guide for Miami and South Florida
- Space Welcomes Queen of Techno Nicole Moudaber on Saturday, June 6
- Best of the Best Music Fest brings dancehall, soca and reggae to Miami