Three Sisters Farm officially opening Saturday, October 13
Homestead's new "Agro-Tourism destination" debuting this month
The much anticipated Three Sisters Farm in Homestead, owned and operated by NYC chef transplant Jonathan Gambino, is finally about to open on Saturday, October 13. Serving only what they grow--tropical fruits, heirloom vegetables, sugar cane, scotch bonnet, yucca, Jamaican sorrel, onions, bay leaf, salt sourced straight from the Keys and more--the farm will take reservations every Friday and Saturday. A Farm Meal will include a multiple-course, family style dinner or lunch, farm tour and gift. Plans for the future include a steady Sunday brunch with sporadic brunches thrown in until then. Farm Meal is $85 and brunch will be $45. Student discounts give 25% off. The farm will be open to the public Friday and Saturday (with Sunday brunch TBD) October through May. It's BYOB and there's no cork fee. For reservation inquiries, email email@example.com or call 305-209-8335.
About the menu. According to Gambino, "There is no menu. Everything changes and will be changing like the season. The farm meal and tour will include a taste of everything growing at any particular time. Part of the excitement of nature is the continual rotation. When I was a chef in a restaurant, I never liked working around a menu because it gets stale and boring."
18401 SW 248th St.
- How to get gourmet clean eating in South Beach
- RIP Randazzo's Little Italy in Coral Gables
- Who has Miami's favorite acai bowls? Yelp! weighs in
- Tap 42 opening second Miami location in ex-Aperio space in Midtown
- Nibble + Squeak dining club for "parents with pipsqueaks" launches in Miami August 24 at Mignonette
- The Rumor Mill: Murmurs of more Miami restaurant, market closings and chef firings . . .
- 305 Brews beer and coffee bar opening in August in Midtown Miami
- Alex Chang leaves The Vagabond, which will re-debut with new chef, new name
- Food Network chef Ben Vaughn joins Swine Southern Table & Bar for 2-month takeover
- Michael Pirolo, Aaron Brooks & Niven Patel join Kaytlin Brakefield on 3-course collab