Three Sisters Farm Previews
A taste of Homestead's organic farm/restaurant
18401 SW 248th St., Homestead
Chef Steve Matkovich, formerly of Napa Valley's hot ticket Ubuntu and Bouchon, is working hard down in Homestead, prepping his Three Sisters Farm restaurant for an October opening. But Matkovich is anxious to show off what he's got so far and is opening the farm on Saturday, May 5 for a Cinco de Mayo Fish Taco Brunch. But that's not all. Matkovich tells us that brunch will be held from 9:30 a.m. until 1 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday throughout the summer and the 3-course, family style meal will be just $25 per person. The menu will be sourced from Three Sisters Farm and other local farmers.
"For brunch, we will be doing some fun egg dishes with local eggs. I have been experimenting with slow cooking young green jackfruit in a 'pulled pork' bbq style. It becomes really tender and very similar to pulled pork," he tells us exclusively. "Thinking of doing BBQ young jackfruit eggs Benedict, yuca biscuits and gravy, and we will also have plenty of mango and avocado to work with so those will also be incorporated in our dishes."
Can't make the brunches? "We will also be offering dinner Fri, Sat, and Sun, for $45 per person for 4 courses, first seating at 6 p.m. No corkage fee," he says, adding, "Also until we get the zoning passed for the restaurant, we have to be labeled as ecotourism with a dining option, not "restaurant," but in time we will be able to called a full-service restaurant." Potato, potahto. It's just semantics.
Space is extremely limited because of the ongoing construction and advanced reservations are essential. Seating is also completely outdoors and weather permitting until the restaurant's tiki dining pavillion is fully up. For reservations, email email@example.com (dot co, not dot com) or call 708-567-5581.
- Ex Preservation chef Ryan Harrison heads up Giorgio Rapicavoli's Taperia Raca; menu here>>
- Tommy Hilfiger is buying, redoing The Raleigh; no comment from Michael Schwartz on restaurant's fate
- Carla Pellegrino's Touché Rooftop Lounge & Restaurant opening April 3
- The Villa by Barton G relaunches restaurant as Il Sole
- Java junkies! Tell us about your incurable coffee addiction & win a Keurig Special Edition Brewing System
- Bâoli does Omakase
- Hot sauce, happy hour & pinatas with free stuff at Huahua's Taqueria
- Locals, legends in the galley at SOBEWFF's Ocean Liner Dinner at The Wolfsonian
- Matt Ratcliffe, ex BLT Steak chef de cuisine, heads to Palm Beach as Buccan & Imoto execu chef
- Newly crowned Prince of Porc, Pubbelly's Jose Mendin, giving away free food Feb 20