Three Miami Hotels Awarded The Forbes Travel Guide Five Star Distinction
Mandarin Oriental Miami, Acqualina Resort & Spa and St. Regis Bal Harbour are amongst the top 97 hotels worldwide, according to Forbes Travel Guide
The Forbes Travel Guide announced their 2014 star ratings today, and awarded three Miami hotels amongst 97 worldwide with the highly coveted Five-Star distinction. These include Mandarin Oriental, Miami, Aqualina Resort & Spa and the St. Regis Bal Harbour. The revered travel guide has bestowed this seal of approval on properties since 1958, and this year includes 48 restaurants and 41 spas.
“Our Star Ratings recognize the finest hotels, restaurants and spas in the world,” says Michael Casone, President of Forbes Travel Guide. “These ratings serve as guideposts for consumers seeking exceptional travel experiences, and our primary mission is to serve the consumer.”
The 2014 list marks the second consecutive year that the Mandarin Oriental, Miami (500 Brickell Key Dr., Brickell Key; 305-913-8288) has earned triple Five Stars with The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Miami and Azul restaurant also receiving the distinction. A longtime darling of the list, The Spa has received this award for six consecutive years. Located on Brickell Key with 326 elegant guestrooms, the resort boasts sweeping views of Biscayne Bay and downtown’s skyline, as well as the Oasis Beach Club.
Sunny Isle's Acqualina Resort & Spa is celebrating its second consecutive year on the double Five Star list for both the resort and its Spa by ESPA. To share this accolade with guests, they’ve introduced the Five-Star Experience Package available starting today. The package offers a five-night stay with the fifth night complimentary and five special amenities.
Acqualina’s “Five-Star Experience” package includes:
- Special welcome amenity
- Daily buffet breakfast for two at Il Mulino New York
- $75 credit to Piazzetta
- One 50-minute treatment at The Spa by ESPA
- Bottle of Champagne upon arrival
- Rates start at $950 per night ($760 per night including fifth night free)
- Package available January 22-June 30
Additionally, the 244-room St. Regis Bal Harbour was also awarded the double Five Star distinction for the resort and its Remede Spa Bal Harbour.
Other Florida properties on the list include the Four Seasons Palm Beach and The Ritz-Carlton, Naples. Additional Florida Five Star restaurants include Brickell Key’s NAOE. The Four Seasons Hotel group received the most Five Star hotels worldwide with 18, and California continues to top the list as the U.S. state with the most Five Star hotels at 17. To see the complete Forbes Travel Guide Five Star list, click here.
- Get a jump start on summer with top South Florida & Caribbean hotel packages
- Plan Your South Beach Itinerary Around These 6 Perks When You Stay at Menin Hotels
- Inside downtown Miami's new boutique Beaux-Arts beauty, The Langford Hotel
- 12 Best South Beach Hotels for Party People During WMC, MMW & Ultra
- Top Miami hotel deals: Where to stay in South Florida this Spring
- 10 Best Miami Hotels For Foodies During South Beach Wine & Food Festival
- 13 Things I Learned as a Contestant on 'The Dating Game' this Valentine's Day
- Grab your Valentine & get away to one of these romantic resorts in Miami, the Caribbean & beyond
- AAA Awards 8 South Florida hotels with the elite Five Diamond distinction
- Four Seasons offers $132,000 golf vacation jet-setting from Miami to Costa Rica & West Indies