Three Miami Hotels Awarded The Forbes Travel Guide Five Star Distinction
Mandarin Oriental Miami, Acqualina Resort & Spa and St. Regis Bal Harbour are amongst the top 97 hotels worldwide, according to Forbes Travel Guide
The Forbes Travel Guide announced their 2014 star ratings today, and awarded three Miami hotels amongst 97 worldwide with the highly coveted Five-Star distinction. These include Mandarin Oriental, Miami, Aqualina Resort & Spa and the St. Regis Bal Harbour. The revered travel guide has bestowed this seal of approval on properties since 1958, and this year includes 48 restaurants and 41 spas.
“Our Star Ratings recognize the finest hotels, restaurants and spas in the world,” says Michael Casone, President of Forbes Travel Guide. “These ratings serve as guideposts for consumers seeking exceptional travel experiences, and our primary mission is to serve the consumer.”
The 2014 list marks the second consecutive year that the Mandarin Oriental, Miami (500 Brickell Key Dr., Brickell Key; 305-913-8288) has earned triple Five Stars with The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Miami and Azul restaurant also receiving the distinction. A longtime darling of the list, The Spa has received this award for six consecutive years. Located on Brickell Key with 326 elegant guestrooms, the resort boasts sweeping views of Biscayne Bay and downtown’s skyline, as well as the Oasis Beach Club.
Sunny Isle's Acqualina Resort & Spa is celebrating its second consecutive year on the double Five Star list for both the resort and its Spa by ESPA. To share this accolade with guests, they’ve introduced the Five-Star Experience Package available starting today. The package offers a five-night stay with the fifth night complimentary and five special amenities.
Acqualina’s “Five-Star Experience” package includes:
- Special welcome amenity
- Daily buffet breakfast for two at Il Mulino New York
- $75 credit to Piazzetta
- One 50-minute treatment at The Spa by ESPA
- Bottle of Champagne upon arrival
- Rates start at $950 per night ($760 per night including fifth night free)
- Package available January 22-June 30
Additionally, the 244-room St. Regis Bal Harbour was also awarded the double Five Star distinction for the resort and its Remede Spa Bal Harbour.
Other Florida properties on the list include the Four Seasons Palm Beach and The Ritz-Carlton, Naples. Additional Florida Five Star restaurants include Brickell Key’s NAOE. The Four Seasons Hotel group received the most Five Star hotels worldwide with 18, and California continues to top the list as the U.S. state with the most Five Star hotels at 17. To see the complete Forbes Travel Guide Five Star list, click here.
- Celebrate Miami Beach's Centennial with $100 room rates & more hotel offers
- 3 Last Minute Ultra Music Festival Hotel Packages To Book Now
- Ultimate Guide to WMC & MMW Hotel Pool Parties
- Languorous Luxury in Anguilla
- Gale Boutique Hotel & Residences set to open in Fort Lauderdale late 2016
- Miami Hotel Valentine's Day Guide
- Win a 7-Night Trip to St. Barths From Bagatelle & WIMCO Villas
- 13 Best Hotel Boozy Brunches in Miami
- New Year, New Hotel Packages Across South Florida
- EDITION vs. Thompson—Which is the Hottest New Miami Beach Hotel?