Three Latin swimwear brands to look for at Swim Week
Latin designers bring the sizzling designs to Swim Week.
The Miami Swim Week is undoubtedly one of the most anticipated events of the year in Miami. This weekend the city is filled with the glamour of the latest trends in swimwear and several Latino companies come floating in a sea of colors, full of creative ideas and fascinating designs. Here are three brands to put on your radar:
A luxury Colombian company founded in 2004 that specializes in female swimwear. Its designer Paula Saavedra offers sexy and chic options for women who want to raise their beach style to a new level. During its fifth appearance at the Mercedes-Benz Swim 2014 Caffé will be showcasing its Spring / Summer 2014 line inspired by different natural regions of Colombia.
La Belle Rebelle
Originally from Uruguay, this swimwear company offers unique designs, fabrics and patterns that break the traditional schemes. The brand's flagship store in South Beach (in the 824 and Washington Avenue) is recognized for selling pieces inspired by retro glam and rock. Spring / Summer 2014 is inspired by pinups.
The company was created in Colombia in 2002 by sisters Manuela and Amalia Sierra. Their creations are inspired by magical stories full of color, modern small details and patterns that keep up with the latest trends. Each of the pieces of Maaji is reversible, which adds to the product versatility.
Caffe Swimwear presents at 9 p.m. Sunday at Oasis and Maaji at 10 p.m. on Sunday at the Cabaña Grande at the Raleigh Hotel (1775 Collins Ave., Miami Beach). La Belle Rebelle is showing at SwimShow throughout the weekend at Miami Beach Convention Center (1901 Convention Center Dr., Miami Beach).
- Pop-Up Spas are Now a Thing...
- Upper Buena Vista to Up its BoHo Retail Game
- Hollywood Stars Love This Treatment. You Will Too
- Best Balayage in Miami: Gabriel Samra Hair Salon
- Behold the Uber of Nail Salons, Miami
- Where to eat and what to do in Cauley Square
- Louis Vuitton's Latest Launch Is Heavenly Scent
- Where to get $109 spa treatments through October
- For the Love of Frida Kahlo — and her Fashionista Ways
- Serpentine Style: Meet Python Handbag Designer Ximena Kavalekas