From live performances to free drinks at the Gansevoort, here’s what’s going on in Zone 2.
Zone 2 – Collins Park
- Rhythm Foundation Stage (21 Street Beach)
Performances at 8, 9:10, 10:20, and midnight. This site kicks off with the Grupo Embalo Samba Band, and followed by local Miami band Jacob Jeffries. At 10:20, it’s Lanzallamas Monofonica, an eight piece ensemble. At midnight, DJ Le Spam and the Spam All Stars put together a Latin, Funk, and Hip-Hop “electronic descarga.”
- Miami City Ballet Studios (2200 Liberty Avenue)
Students from the Miami City Ballet School perform at 7 and 8:30 p.m. At 10, flamenco dancer Clarita Filgueiras puts on a show.
- Miami Beach Regional Library (227 22 Street)
From 6:30 to 10 p.m., it’s am all-ages Read-A-Thon. There’s also Arts & Crafts, and a bunch of other family-friendly events.
- Bass Museum of Art (2121 Park Avenue)
From 6 p.m. to 2 a.m., “Wayward We Hunt” collection will be on display. From 7 to 11 p.m., visitors can browse the galleries while listening to music provided by the Miami International Piano Festival. Half-hour concerts will be presented.
- Collins Park (Collins Avenue between 21 and 22 streets)
Meet South Florida artists as they present their work in installations along the Collins Park lawn from 7 to 10 p.m. Artists include Robert Chambers, Jim Drain, Christy Gast, Julie Kahn, Nic Lobo, Ernesto Oroza and Gean Moreno, Tom Scicluna, Frances Trombly, and Viking Funeral.DJ follows from 10 p.m. to midnight.
- Palm Court (309 23 Street)
Watch artists create works at the Cando Art Gallery from 6 p.m. to midnight.
- Catalina Hotel and Beach Club (1720 – 1756 Collins Avenue)
Stephen Gamson shows his work from 6 to 8 p.m. in the main building. Helena Garcia brings her exhibition to the Kung Fu Kitchen and Sushi. There’s also featured art from the Shake-A-Leg Miami foundation from 6 p.m. to 7 a.m., John Kissee’s exhibition from 6 to 8 p.m., and 10 hours of live music at Maxine’s Bistro starting at 5 p.m.
- Riviera South Beach (2000 Liberty Avenue)
Ed King shows off his neo-pop work from 7 to 9 p.m., and Juanita Marie Franklin belts out some jazz tunes from 9 to 11 p.m.
- Shore Club Skybar (1901 Collins Avenue)
It’s DJ Gunars from 9 to 10 p.m.
- The Florida Room at the Delano (1685 Collins Avenue)
Live Funk and Soul by Angela Laino from 10 to 11 p.m.
- The Palms Hotel and Spa (3015 Collins Avenue)
Photo exhibit by Miami celebrity photographer Manny Hernandez will display from 6:30 p.m. to close.
- Plunge at the Gansevoort South (2399 Collins Avenue)
Free drinks from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m. (Bustelos and Patron) and music (DJ Danny Stern)
- SoBe Institute of the Arts (2100 Washington Avenue)
Preview the upcoming “Bohemian Pentameter” event here, which includes the SoBe Institute of the Arts ensemble, from 6 to 8 p.m.
- Canal Walk (Convention Center Drive South of the Dade Boulevard Canal)
- Miami Beach Senior High School (Dade Boulevard + Washington Avenue)
Neografic is getting permission to put graffiti on Beach High’s walls – don’t worry, it’s all computerized.