The craft beer craze shows no signs of subsiding with Wynwood, Coconut Grove, Doral and even Hialeah leading the sud-filled way. And in the last few years, the four main sports venues around South Florida have joined the ranks. Here’s where to find them at the AAA, Marlins Ballpark, SunLife Stadium and BB&T Center.
American Airlines Arena
601 Biscayne Blvd., Miami
Dwyane Wade it turns out will not be a Heat Lifer as we thought all along. He’s gone to the Chicago Bulls which could be reason enough to cry into your beer. So, why not make it a craft brew. Here’s a rundown of what you will find at the AAA:
- Goose Island 312, Bluepoint Toasted Lager and Goose Island IPA on the Goose Island cart in section 101.
- Shock Top cart in section 123 has Shocktop Belgium white, with two other seasonal flavors like Chocolate, Twisted Pretzel or Honey Bourbon.
- The craft beer portable cart in section 105 has Concrete Beach, Lagunitas, Fat Tire and Sweet Water 420.
- The stand in section 325, which is the Pincho Factory’s outpost, has Wynwood 627.
- The Carnival Cruise Line bars in sections 113, 405 and 416 have Aruba Red, Big Wave, and Landshark.
- Tiger Direct bar in section 304 sells Big Wave, Goose Island 312, Goose Island IPA and Bluepoint Toasted Lager.
- And at their newest outdoor venue, the XFINITY East Plaza on the East side of the Arena there are bottled craft beers including Boston Lager, Funky Buddha, Coney Island Lager and Pops Porter.
1 Panther Pkwy., Sunrise
While the Florida Panthers are making a run for the Stanley Cup, slapping the puck around, scoring goals, checking each other and slamming into the plexi-glass around the hockey rink, you can enjoy a cold frosty craft brew.
They’re not kidding at the BB&T with an entire Miami Brewing Co. Beer Garden. Here’s where you can it and all the other craft brews:
- The Miami Brewing Co. Beer Garden is directly above Pantherland in the Suite level and sells Gator Tale Brown Ale, Vice IPA, the mango Pale Wheat Ale Shark Bait and their flagship coconut ale Big Rod, an American Blonde Ale.
- There are also craft brews available around the 100 levels like the Sunshine State Pilsner from Florida Beer Co. and the craft beer cart near section 106 with a wide selection.
501 Marlins Way, Miami
Watching lighting fast-pitching, rocket-fueled throws to home plate and homers that set off our neon-lit pastel-colored contraption makes any Marlins ball game a blast. Now make the game complete with an icy cold craft beer. There are plenty to choose from throughout the ballpark.
- Craft beer in sections 12 and 25 are serving up Dogfish Head, Goose Island Sofie, Matilda and India Pale Ale and Sweetwater Brewing Co.’s hoppy IPA.
- And set to open in time for the 2017 season is Nightlife Brewing Co. served up in the ground level floor of the Homeplate Parking Garage. They will serve up their locally brewed hefeweizen, saison and pale ale.
SunLife Stadium (to be renamed New Miami Stadium for 2016-2017 season)
347 Don Shula Dr., Miami Gardens
With the newly-added shade canopy for the 2016-2017 season, keeping your beer cold during a Miami Dolphins or Miami Hurricanes game just got a little bit easier. I mean you want to make it last and enjoy every last drop, right? But remember, beer sales end after the third quarter so here’s a look at what you’ll find to make your trips to the beer stand as efficient as possible.
There are two tap rooms at the stadium in sections 117 and 147 and there are just way too many to mention (you can see them all here) but here’s a sampling of what you’ll find.
- Due South Brewing’s Caramel Cream Ale and Saltwater Brewery’s Screamin’ Reels IPA available in cans along with bottles of Tequesta Brewing Co.’s Der Chancellor golden ale.
- On tap there’s Funky Buddha’s Floridian wheat ale, Hop Gun IPA, Crusher IPA and select crafts from Wynwood Brewing, MIA Brewing based in Doral, the Islamorada Beer Co. and Tampa’s Cigar City Brewing.