The worst of the bad films
Vampires, werewolves and airbenders led the pack at the Razzies, honoring the worst in film. The lineup was announced a day before Oscar nominations come out Tuesday. Winners will be announced...
Vampires, werewolves and airbenders led the pack at the Razzies, honoring the worst in film.
The supernatural teen phenomenon The Twilight Saga: Eclipse and the action fantasy The Last Airbender have the dubious distinction of tying for the most nominations, with nine each, including worst picture.
Also nominated in the worst pic category are Jennifer Aniston's action comedy The Bounty Hunter; the fashion faux pas Sex and the City 2; and the Twilight parody Vampires Suck.
Twilight star Kristen Stewart scored a worst-actress nod for her role as a teen caught in a love triangle involving her vampire boyfriend (Robert Pattinson) and werewolf pal (Taylor Lautner). Both hunks were nominated for worst actor. Joining them in worst-actor category are Jack Black for Gulliver's Travels, Gerard Butler for The Bounty Hunter and Ashton Kutcher for a double whammy -- Killers and Valentine's Day.
Also up for worst-actress are Miley Cyrus for The Last Song and Megan Fox for the action flop Jonah Hex.
Surprising but true: Three Oscar-winning divas are among nominees for worst supporting actress -- Cher for Burlesque, Liza Minnelli for SATC 2 and Barbra Streisand for Little Fockers.
The Last Airbender really swept the Razzies -- so be glad you didn't see this film, adapted from the animated TV series about a young hero with the power to reunite feuding nations of people who can control air, water, fire and Earth. Filmmaker M. Night Shyamalan was on a Razzie roll, getting noms for worst director and screenplay.
Jackson Rathbone had a supporting-actor nomination for his role in the thing, as did Dev Patel and Nicola Peltz. Last Airbender also was chosen for worst eye-gouging misuse of 3-D.
``All of this gobbledygook language about airbenders and fire benders and water benders,'' Razzies founder John Wilson said. ``You feel like you're on a bender watching the movie.''
On Our Radar
- LeBron Voyage: A Fond Miami Farewell to LeBron James, a Legend Off the Court, Too
- Jenny McCarthy brings 'Dirty' show to Magic City Casino
- Shark Tank investor swims into Miami
- Pampering event with celebrity stylist
- LeBron James to meet with Heat front office
- U.S. soccer players kick it at the Clevelander Hotel
- Warren Sapp tip flap
- Clevelander Hotel hosts homecoming party for U.S. soccer players Jozy Altidore, Damarcus Beasley and Fabian Johnson on Sunday
- Soccer star Alex Morgan gets her kicks in Miami Beach
- David Beckham H&M underwear ads released