The Forge’s Shareef Malnik partners with Buzzy Sklar to open new neighborhood lounge in July 2011
444 41st St., Miami Beach
Hours: Sun.-Wed., 6 p.m. - 3 a.m. and Thurs. - Sat., 6 p.m. - 5 a.m.
Valet is available for $10
The Forge Restaurant | Wine Bar will soon have a new neighbor in The Well, a casual lounge featuring an extensive drink selection and small plates in a relaxed atmosphere.
The Well is set to open in the former Glass space at 444 41st Street, adjacent to The Forge, in July 2011.
Shareef Malnik, proprietor of The Forge has teamed up with Burger & Beer Joint's Buzzy Sklar to reconstruct the 4,000 foot space into an entirely new experience. The lounge will feature décor in rich earth tones, soft suede banquettes, dark wood bars and an entire room reminiscent of a lodge in Aspen with a massive stone fireplace, rafter beams and antler chandeliers.
(That’s a far cry from what Glass was, with its chic rooms for VIP bottle service, and plenty of stained glass that made you feel like you were dancing inside a designer Fabergé egg.)
With a fresh new design and social concept, guests are invited to sink into the plush seating, enjoy a signature cocktail or craft beer, watch sports on the flat-screen televisions and enjoy conversation over a custom charcuterie plate.
“I’ve known Buzzy for years back from his days at Automatic Slims and with his success at Burger & Beer Joint,” says Malnik. “The moment he explained the vision for the space I thought it would be a great fit for the neighborhood and decided to join the project. I truly feel that the addition of venues like The Well will help to boost the vitality and identity of our area, and give locals and visitors another reason to look a little more North when planning their nights out.”
- Phase 1 of Ultra 2014 lineup announced
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Dec. 20 - 22
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Dec. 13 - 15
- Velvet Underground: The Cabaret South Beach opens this week, watch Olivia Newton John's Xanadu outdoors at the New World Center's SoundScape, and Jingle Bell Rock takes over Tobacco Road
- Abraxas Lounge on South Beach will close New Year's Eve
- Boy George takes over Miami for Art Basel
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Dec. 6 - 8
- Velvet Underground: The SLS retrofits iconic 'rubber ducky' for Art Basel, Chris Willis performs at the Eden Roc, and let it snow in Brickell
- Top live music events during Art Basel 2013
- Parties, cocktails, concerts and shoes to celebrate Art Basel