The Forge’s Shareef Malnik partners with Buzzy Sklar to open new neighborhood lounge in July 2011
444 41st St., Miami Beach
Hours: Sun.-Wed., 6 p.m. - 3 a.m. and Thurs. - Sat., 6 p.m. - 5 a.m.
Valet is available for $10
The Forge Restaurant | Wine Bar will soon have a new neighbor in The Well, a casual lounge featuring an extensive drink selection and small plates in a relaxed atmosphere.
The Well is set to open in the former Glass space at 444 41st Street, adjacent to The Forge, in July 2011.
Shareef Malnik, proprietor of The Forge has teamed up with Burger & Beer Joint's Buzzy Sklar to reconstruct the 4,000 foot space into an entirely new experience. The lounge will feature décor in rich earth tones, soft suede banquettes, dark wood bars and an entire room reminiscent of a lodge in Aspen with a massive stone fireplace, rafter beams and antler chandeliers.
(That’s a far cry from what Glass was, with its chic rooms for VIP bottle service, and plenty of stained glass that made you feel like you were dancing inside a designer Fabergé egg.)
With a fresh new design and social concept, guests are invited to sink into the plush seating, enjoy a signature cocktail or craft beer, watch sports on the flat-screen televisions and enjoy conversation over a custom charcuterie plate.
“I’ve known Buzzy for years back from his days at Automatic Slims and with his success at Burger & Beer Joint,” says Malnik. “The moment he explained the vision for the space I thought it would be a great fit for the neighborhood and decided to join the project. I truly feel that the addition of venues like The Well will help to boost the vitality and identity of our area, and give locals and visitors another reason to look a little more North when planning their nights out.”
- Go Drink This: Scotch and the Coconut
- Go Drink This: Ginger Berry Smash
- Could this be the Best Happy Hour in Miami: EDGE Steak & Bar at the Four Seasons Miami
- Chocolate orgies, apres happy hours, Sunday suppers and late night brunches
- Go Drink This: Espumita Cocktail
- Go Drink This: Ortanique Bacardi Mojito
- Could this be the Best Happy Hour in Miami: Tongue & Cheek in Miami Beach
- Go Drink This: Bombay Sapphire Negroni
- Bodega, Brandt's Break, Baboons and Audrina Patridge bring on the scene
- Could this be the Best Happy Hour in Miami: Tamarina in Brickell