The Sweet Lowdown
Chocolate makes her fat. Flowers die. We've got alternatives.
By Jessica Sick
There's a reason no one names their wheels Walter. It's because women are a lot like cars (please, no "riding" jokes): Treat them right and, just like the Cadillac commerical, they'll return the favor. Of course, some rides need more TLC than others, so we've provided a Valentine's Day gift guide to help you pick out the perfect gift sure to rev her engine.
Her idea of primping is running a brush through her hair and a dab of lipgloss, so keep it simple with a Forget Me Knot Ring ($39.99). Inspired by the idea of tying a string around your finger to remember something important, each ring is made from a piece of string and then handcast in sterling silver. Plus, 20 percent of the sales go to the Tri-County Humane Society. Get one (or order via phone) at Rock My World in the Boca Town Center (6000 Glades Rd., Boca Raton; 561-394-4850).
She loves taking in a Netflix as much as the ballet. No need to go overboard, just show her you care by sending her to RikRak Salon (1428 Brickell Ave.; 305-371-5577) for their I'm In Love with J-E-L-L-O Mani-Pedi ($100), which includes a heart-shaped bowl of strawberry Jello, whipped cream and a cherry on top for your tootsies and a glass of red wine for your taste buds. Choose from Jello-inspired colors like Jelly Apple or Infatuation.
It's the best and nothing but the best for your lady love, which means the Setai's Indulge-Her package (starting at $7,980). The two-night event includes an afternoon at the spa (aromatherapy foot bath, Sumatra coffee body polish, Balinese or Swedish massage, ayurvedic facial and rose petal bath); and a private cooking class with chef Jonathan Wright to prepare the perfect V-Day dinner for two in your one-bedroom suite. For reservations, call 305-520-6000.
See and Do
- Pop-Up Spas are Now a Thing...
- Nordstrom Rack Opening a New South Florida Store!
- Sawgrass Mills Mall Announces More New Stores!
- Slay Halloween Compliments of Miami's Top Costume Shops
- Upper Buena Vista to Up its BoHo Retail Game
- Hollywood Stars Love This Treatment. You Will Too
- Best Balayage in Miami: Gabriel Samra Hair Salon
- Behold the Uber of Nail Salons, Miami
- Where to eat and what to do in Cauley Square
- Louis Vuitton's Latest Launch Is Heavenly Scent