The Sweet Lowdown
Chocolate makes her fat. Flowers die. We've got alternatives.
By Jessica Sick
There's a reason no one names their wheels Walter. It's because women are a lot like cars (please, no "riding" jokes): Treat them right and, just like the Cadillac commerical, they'll return the favor. Of course, some rides need more TLC than others, so we've provided a Valentine's Day gift guide to help you pick out the perfect gift sure to rev her engine.
Her idea of primping is running a brush through her hair and a dab of lipgloss, so keep it simple with a Forget Me Knot Ring ($39.99). Inspired by the idea of tying a string around your finger to remember something important, each ring is made from a piece of string and then handcast in sterling silver. Plus, 20 percent of the sales go to the Tri-County Humane Society. Get one (or order via phone) at Rock My World in the Boca Town Center (6000 Glades Rd., Boca Raton; 561-394-4850).
She loves taking in a Netflix as much as the ballet. No need to go overboard, just show her you care by sending her to RikRak Salon (1428 Brickell Ave.; 305-371-5577) for their I'm In Love with J-E-L-L-O Mani-Pedi ($100), which includes a heart-shaped bowl of strawberry Jello, whipped cream and a cherry on top for your tootsies and a glass of red wine for your taste buds. Choose from Jello-inspired colors like Jelly Apple or Infatuation.
It's the best and nothing but the best for your lady love, which means the Setai's Indulge-Her package (starting at $7,980). The two-night event includes an afternoon at the spa (aromatherapy foot bath, Sumatra coffee body polish, Balinese or Swedish massage, ayurvedic facial and rose petal bath); and a private cooking class with chef Jonathan Wright to prepare the perfect V-Day dinner for two in your one-bedroom suite. For reservations, call 305-520-6000.
See and Do
- 4 Miami Makeup Artists to Book
- Men Love Bonobos Shorts. And Bonobos loves Wynwood. See Why...
- Liquido: Seriously Cute Workout Clothes That Will Actually Make You Want To Hit The Gym
- 5 Things You Need to Know About the New Givenchy Store at Aventura Mall
- What is actually trending in swimwear for 2016?
- Summer Get-Fit Tips by Miami’s Celebrity Trainer
- Preserve your pretty in spite of Miami's hot summer sun
- Knock-Off Handbags are Aplenty in Miami — But the Real Deal is Always Better
- Prepare to be blown away! Blo Aventura Blow Dry Bar to Open
- Celebrities Love Makeup Artist Charlotte Tilbury. Find Out Why!