The Super Bowl Shuffle - To the Table
Poolside beerwiches & margarita popsicles - where & want to eat Super Bowl weekend
Football fan or not, the big game – make that the big game weekend – is really all about the food.
- Catch the game at The Biltmore’s viewing party featuring mini burgers, baked cheese sticks and pizza. Bar specials include half-priced specialty cocktails. Call 305-445-1926 for info and reservations.
- Bistro One LR at the Ritz Carlton SoBe is wooing fans with a three-day Beerwich menu. From Feb 4-7, enjoy pulled pork sandwiches, shrimp po boyrs and more paired with beer poolside for $18-$22. Extra bonus – order a bucket of domestic beer on game day ($30) and dig into a dozen free sticky soy wings. Call 786-276-4033 for reservations.
- Burger & Beer Joint kicks off the fun Saturday from noon-10p with live bands, a tailgate cookout, beer pong & a 5x$15 beer special (5 16oz Miller Lites for $15). The fun repeats itself Sunday from noon-10pm. During the actual game, diners can indulge in a $30 buffet (includes a free drink). Call 305-672-3287 for info & reservations.
- Club 50 at the Viceroy is teaming up with the Mario Batali Foundation & the Moyer Foundation to throw a Super Bowl Super Brunch on Sat from 11am-2pm. Dish out $1,000 a person and enjoy gourmet eats prepared by Batali and Emeril Lagasse, live entertainment and a silent auction. Buy tix here.
- da Campo Osteria celebrates the big game with a "Super Bowl of Pasta and Salad" dinner featuring homemade spaghetti and signature meatball, mom's wooden salad bowl and a glass of Ruffino Tuscan wine. $44 per person, available Thursday through Sunday. Call 954-226-5002 for info and reservations.
- Emeril's Miami Beach gets in the spirit with the "ultimate tailgate party" Sunday from 430pm-30 minutes after the game. Expect loads of New Orleans favorites, including chicory BBQ chicken, dirty rice and chicken and sausage gumbo. Extra bonus - 6 TVs and an open bar. $125 per person, call 305-695-4550 for reservations.
- The Fairmont Turnberry Isle Resort & Club is celebrating the game with a team-themed menu in the lobby lounge. Call 305-932-6200 for info and reservations.
- Stay in and feast on tacos, nachos and burritos courtesy of Lime’s catering menu. Extra points for big orderers – drop $99 or more and upgrade to an extra large bowl of queso, guac or pico de gallo (your choice). Drop $300 or more and get extra large bowls of all three. Visit limefresh.net for menu & ordering details.
- Lincoln Road hosts a four-day Eats Beats & Cleats mingling and tailgating fiesta from Feb 4-7. Current & former NFL stars (Barry Sanders, Michael Irvin, Dick Butkus) are expected to be on hand for autographs while fashion shows and tailgating proceed. On Sat at 4pm Ingrid Hoffman & Todd English will assume the culinary stage to make bacon guacamole, Latin burger sliders and margarita popsicles. $85 for one day, $350 for a weekend pass, proceeds benefit Gridiron Greats Assistance Fund (provides grants & medical assistance to retired NFL players). Click here for tickets.
- Lou’s Beer Garden is bringing in extra TVs (include a poolside projection monitor) to compliment its microbrew beer selection (over 20 varieties), signature items (crispy baby sardines & buffalo style chicken wings) and Super Bowl specials like a 16hr pulled pork sandwich and St. Louis style beef ribs. Call 305-704-7879 for info.
- Lucky Strike woos with 22 big screen TVs, bowling, open bar from 6-9pm adn a football buffet from 6-10pm. Buffet includes potato salad, hot dofs, burgers, ribs, oven roasted wings, apple cobbler and pecan pue. $75 per person without bowling, $110 with bowling (min of 8 people required). call 305-532-0307 for info and reservations.
- Luna Corner Pizza celebrates the 44th annual big game with a $44 deal. Drop a couple of twenties and pick up (or have delivered) three 20-inch pizzas and one two-liter soda. Call 305-507-9209 for info and ordering.
- Morton’s seven locations woo football fans with LCD big screen TVs, specialty team drinks, power hour-priced drinks and $5 Bar Bites. Visit Mortons.com for info and details.
- Nobu partners with ONE Bal Harbour for the weekend to bring its signature dishes north. From Feb 4-7 stop by the pop-up restaurant for rock shrimp tempura, black cod with miso (our personal favorite), yellowtail jalapeno, tiradito, sashimi salad, toro tartare and/or squid pasta. Want to stay poolside? Bento boxes and cocktails are available. $55 pre-fixe lunch menu (12-4pm) and $120 dinner menu (6-11:30pm) Call 786-515-6006 or 305-695-3232 for info and reservations.