The Stage To Host Frost School Of Music Fall Preview Series
One of Miami's newest live music venues, The Stage, will host a special series of concerts featuring Frost School of Music projects in the coming weeks.
One of Miami’s newest live music venues, The Stage, will temporarily be adding some special live performances to its “Family Style Sundays.” Beginning this Sunday (3/27), The Stage will host performances by Frost School of Music students and their groups.
According to Henry Mancini Institute coordinator Stephen Guerra, Jr., this short concert series will serve as a trial run for a much larger scale community outreach effort occurring this fall.
“We’re going to get our guys playing anywhere in the community where we can play,” said Guerra.
The Stage is only the first of many locations where Frost School of Music students will be performing in the fall. Guerra plans to have students performing everywhere from venues like The Stage to hospitals, schools and community centers.
The outreach effort in the fall will be funded by a generous grant from the John and James L. Knight Foundation matched by a contribution by Adrienne Arsht, but the short preview run at The Stage will not be funded by anyone. It is the result of an ultimate goal shared by Guerra, his associates and The Stage owner Carlos Garcia.
“Garcia is interested in getting music and arts in the community,” said Guerra. “Once we heard they wanted to do something like this, it was a perfect match.”
Unfortunately, Carlos Garcia was unavailable for comment.
The preview run will consist of performances on March 27, April 10 and April 17. April 3 will not feature any Frost School music due to a large concert on the UM campus.
Where: The Stage (170 NE 38 St.)
Who & When:
- March 27 @ 2 p.m. - Taylor O'Donnell Ensemble (jazz and originals)
- April 10 @ 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. - Folk U (bluegrass and Americana)
- April 17 @ 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. - Eddy Bayes (original tunes on acoustic guitar)
Music in Miami
- Up-and-coming country star Kelsea Ballerini ready to take Tortuga Music Festival by storm this week
- Concert Review: Pearl Jam Packs a Punch at American Airlines Arena
- Tortuga Music Festival announces lineup, ticket sales
- A 7-year-old reviews Bruce Springsteen’s ‘The River Tour’ concert
- Concert Review: Bruce Springsteen captivates with a performance that displays a depth of emotions
- 9 signs you’re addicted to Bruce Springsteen
- Aretha Franklin joins Usher, Janelle Monae at 2016 Jazz in the Gardens Music Festival
- 5 Things You Didn’t Know about Iggy Pop
- Miami’s Nu Deco Ensemble reimagines classical music for modern listeners
- Review: Madonna brings a heartfelt, personal touch to her Miami concert