The Stage To Host Frost School Of Music Fall Preview Series
One of Miami's newest live music venues, The Stage, will host a special series of concerts featuring Frost School of Music projects in the coming weeks.
Where: The Stage (170 NE 38 St.)
Who & When:
- March 27 @ 2 p.m. - Taylor O'Donnell Ensemble (jazz and originals)
- April 10 @ 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. - Folk U (bluegrass and Americana)
- April 17 @ 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. - Eddy Bayes (original tunes on acoustic guitar)
One of Miami’s newest live music venues, The Stage, will temporarily be adding some special live performances to its “Family Style Sundays.” Beginning this Sunday (3/27), The Stage will host performances by Frost School of Music students and their groups.
According to Henry Mancini Institute coordinator Stephen Guerra, Jr., this short concert series will serve as a trial run for a much larger scale community outreach effort occurring this fall.
“We’re going to get our guys playing anywhere in the community where we can play,” said Guerra.
The Stage is only the first of many locations where Frost School of Music students will be performing in the fall. Guerra plans to have students performing everywhere from venues like The Stage to hospitals, schools and community centers.
The outreach effort in the fall will be funded by a generous grant from the John and James L. Knight Foundation matched by a contribution by Adrienne Arsht, but the short preview run at The Stage will not be funded by anyone. It is the result of an ultimate goal shared by Guerra, his associates and The Stage owner Carlos Garcia.
“Garcia is interested in getting music and arts in the community,” said Guerra. “Once we heard they wanted to do something like this, it was a perfect match.”
Unfortunately, Carlos Garcia was unavailable for comment.
The preview run will consist of performances on March 27, April 10 and April 17. April 3 will not feature any Frost School music due to a large concert on the UM campus.
Music in Miami
- Review: Erasure more than a nostalgia act during energetic dance party at Fillmore Miami Beach
- Phil Collins headlines gala fundraiser during Art Basel weekend on Miami Beach
- Demi Lovato plays Miami on Sunday
- Review: Lily Allen’s too cool to grow up
- Brazilian singer Caetano Veloso brings the art of musical change to Miami Beach
- Erasure plays Fillmore Miami Beach on Friday night
- Miami singer-songwriter Cris Cab, just 21, breaking out with major debut
- Mayer Hawthorne headlines free concert in Miami for Mercedes-Benz Evolution Tour tonight
- Afro Roots World Music Festival boasts a bounty of genres
- Revew: Ray Lamontagne pours his blues-filled soul over Miami Beach