Miami’s newest entertainment venue officially opens
The Stage, the latest entertainment venue to join Miami’s booming Music Corridor which stretches from the outskirts of Brickell to the Brooklyn-esque Design District, has opened.
Conceptualized by Carlos F. Garcia and Sasha Torres, The Stage is a haven for artists and a place for the community to enjoy some of the oldest forms of entertainment including art, film, music and theatre.
At the 10,000 square foot venue (3,200 square feet inside and 7,000 square feet outside), the stage is the focal point, along with state-of-the-art acoustics and the ability to accommodate 1,000 guests, The Stage presents the public with a unique space for not only entertainment but also corporate and private events. The Stage is ideal for record release parties, photo shoots, exhibitions, fashion shows, cover parties, product launches, and corporate happy hours.
During the day, the venue is used as rehearsal space for artists young and old and at night The Stage invites local artists to showcase their talents in front of live audiences. On any given night patrons can take in a variety of experiences whether an up-and-coming band is rocking out, a comedian is on stage, or an indie film is in the reel on Cinema & Sushi Nights.
Designed by Andrea Mejia, The Stage takes inspiration from the music centric city of New Orleans – a place that’s given way to legends like Louis Armstrong and Fats Domino – where Jazz, Funk, and Cowpunk all have their roots. Garcia, a part time resident of New Orleans since March 2005, has spent a substantial amount of time developing relationships in music and arts world in both Miami and New Orleans.
“As I visited Carlos’ house in New Orleans I was inspired to create something here in Miami that both of us felt captured the artistic essence of the Big Easy,” Torres said.
The charm and sophistication of old New Orleans is apparent in throughout The Stage, from the décor and music to the staff and menu, allowing guests to be transported back in time. Expect to be served old time New Orleans favorites from the bar including the bourbon milk punch and mint julep while staff is dressed in white button-up shirts with black vests - a nod to old, southern sophistication.
- Go Drink This: Canchánchara
- Win VIP access for The Do-Over Miami on Sunday, August 9!
- Go Drink This: Bari
- Rok Brgr Block Party, Beverly Hills Cafe 2.0, Pisco Hour, Dive-In Movies
- Go Drink This: Mojito Illegal
- Drinkhouse Fire & Ice set to bring frosty fun to Miami nightlife
- Could This Be the Best Happy Hour in Miami: MO Bar + Lounge at the Mandarin Oriental
- The 10 Must-Have Cocktails in Miami this Summer
- Could this be the Best Happy Hour in Miami: Toscana Divino in Brickell
- Sunset Swim, Bacchanal at Bagatelle, see J Alvarez for free, beer & clay at the Wolfsonian & free Wapo Tacos!