The Rock back on his turf
WWE makes big announcement
Do you smell what's cookin'?
The Brahma Bull, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson will `bring it' to WrestleMania XXVII. WWE (NYSE: WWE) announced Monday night that The Great One will return home to be The World's Most Electrifying Host of WrestleMania on Sunday, April 3 at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta. As The World's Most Electrifying Host of WrestleMania XXVII, The Rock will lay the SmackDown on all of the pomp and festivities that makes WrestleMania the world's greatest, annual pop culture extravaganza. “I'm absolutely thrilled and fired up to be the host of WrestleMania. My goal was to partner up with Vince McMahon and WWE to create and deliver something globally entertaining and electrifying,” Johnson said.
“As an actor, entertainer and someone who both loves and has grown up in the sports entertainment business, the opportunity to host 75,000 passionate fans in a live venue, not to mention the millions that will be watching worldwide, is not only thrilling but quite honestly the opportunity of a lifetime. It's going to be one helluva an epic night.”
In making the monumental announcement of his return to WWE just minutes ago on Monday Night Raw, The People's Champion whipped the crowd into a frenzy and was showered with thunderous applause.
For all the latest updates, 'Like' The Rock at facebook.com/DwayneJohnson or follow him at twitter.com/TheRock. WrestleMania XXVII will be broadcast in more than 80 countries around the world. Check with your local cable operator or satellite provider to order the pay-per-view on Sunday, April 3.
\For information on WrestleMania and WrestleMania events, visit wrestlemania.com.
On Our Radar
- Jennifer Lopez to perform free concert at Bayfront Park in support of Hillary Clinton
- Adele lends voice in support of Hillary Clinton in Miami
- Udonis Haslem opens Starbucks in Miami
- Which Miami neighborhood will be the next to be ‘Art-Washed’?
- Five reasons to not give up on the Miami Heat
- Larsa and Scottie Pippen to divorce after 19 years
- Boo Madea star Tyler Perry: I don't like Halloween
- Florida has better taste in Halloween candy than most other states, says survey
- Phil Collins: 'I don’t like Miami particularly'
- DJ Irie gets put in the hot seat this Saturday at his own celebrity roast