The Rock back on his turf
WWE makes big announcement
Do you smell what's cookin'?
The Brahma Bull, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson will `bring it' to WrestleMania XXVII. WWE (NYSE: WWE) announced Monday night that The Great One will return home to be The World's Most Electrifying Host of WrestleMania on Sunday, April 3 at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta. As The World's Most Electrifying Host of WrestleMania XXVII, The Rock will lay the SmackDown on all of the pomp and festivities that makes WrestleMania the world's greatest, annual pop culture extravaganza. “I'm absolutely thrilled and fired up to be the host of WrestleMania. My goal was to partner up with Vince McMahon and WWE to create and deliver something globally entertaining and electrifying,” Johnson said.
“As an actor, entertainer and someone who both loves and has grown up in the sports entertainment business, the opportunity to host 75,000 passionate fans in a live venue, not to mention the millions that will be watching worldwide, is not only thrilling but quite honestly the opportunity of a lifetime. It's going to be one helluva an epic night.”
In making the monumental announcement of his return to WWE just minutes ago on Monday Night Raw, The People's Champion whipped the crowd into a frenzy and was showered with thunderous applause.
For all the latest updates, 'Like' The Rock at facebook.com/DwayneJohnson or follow him at twitter.com/TheRock. WrestleMania XXVII will be broadcast in more than 80 countries around the world. Check with your local cable operator or satellite provider to order the pay-per-view on Sunday, April 3.
\For information on WrestleMania and WrestleMania events, visit wrestlemania.com.
On Our Radar
- Key West company featured on 'The Profit'
- Miami Beach, Miami Gardens among nation’s most dangerous suburbs
- George Lopez talks 'Saint George' and 'Rio 2'
- Old Spice Guy Isaiah Mustafa spreads the love
- Will Smith seen relaxing at Zuma
- Local designer wins Lifetime's 'Under the Gunn'
- 'House of Cards' star Kevin Spacey dines out
- Austin Mahone celebrates 18th birthday
- Miracle Myles: Myles Chefetz's South of Fifth takeover continues with Prime Private
- Fashion designer Ariana Rockefeller at Alene Too