Bartenders at Lincoln Road's Quattro have devised a remix of the negroni, softening it with white wine. Behold: the Quattrini.
By Jaweed Kaleem
If you're a Campari fan, you know Italy's signature apéritif, flavored with herbs, spices and orange rind, packs a pretty snappy punch. Miami Beach's Quattro Gastronomia Italiana takes the iridescent red spirit, essential to the classic Negroni, and mixes it with chardonnay and the herbal apéritif Aperol for a softer pre-dinner cocktail, the Quattrini.
Bar manager Capri Colello says it's perfect for first-timers.
"There's some people who don't really care for Campari. It's more of a European drink ... but this is a great way to start, " she says.
* Mix ½ ounce Aperol, ½ ounce chardonnay, ½ ounce Campari and ¼ ounce simple syrup in a cocktail shaker.
* Pour into a martini glass.
* Garnish with a sliver of grapefruit.
The Quattrini is $12 at Quattro, 1014 Lincoln Rd., Miami Beach; 305-531-4833.
- Go Drink This: The Pink Lady
- Find out how to get a free cocktail at La Moderna this week only
- SUSHISAMBA launches new Saketober-fest menu with a World Sake Day celebration October 1st
- Piripi presents Bourbon & Bites
- Go Drink This: House-Bottled Pear and Hibiscus Cider
- Bombay Sapphire Gin and Dinner Lab host 2nd Miami Dinner Saturday, September 19
- Go Drink This: Lemongrass Collins
- Go Drink This: Jalapeño & Tamarind Pisco Sour
- Go Drink This: Rum-ble ‘n’ Sway
- Go Drink This: Strawberry Mojito Mocktail