See the holiday fave, "The Nutcracker," performed by our city's very own this December 18th-23rd at the Adrienne Arsht Center.
1300 Biscayne Boulevard
By Solange Reyner
See the holiday fave, "The Nutcracker," performed by our city's very own this December 18th-23rd at the Adrienne Arsht Center. The Miami City Ballet is putting this performance on for the 20th season and it's sure to be a special one.
Well, it's certainly special enough to the performers - even though they've been through this number numerous times. (See our Behind the Scenes look at the Miami City Ballet vid for example.) Famed artistic director Edward Villella leads this troupe, which includes plenty of children from the MCB's school.
The folks at the Miami City Ballet have been prepping for this one for some time, including the seamstresses - most of the costumes are made at the in-house shop.
See and Do
- Holiday parades, princess parties & a local gift guide: Munchkin Fun's top weekly picks
- Holiday events in Miami
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Dec. 12-14
- Outré Theatre makes its move to Fort Lauderdale with ‘Othello’
- Cirque du Soleil brings its fem-centric show, 'Amaluna,' to Sun Life Stadium
- Seminole Hard Rock Winterfest Boat Parade floats into Broward this Saturday
- Holiday dance, theater and music favorites to make the season merry
- ‘Book of Mormon’ walks its fine line, this time at the Arsht Center
- Princess parties, superheroes & gingerbread houses: Munchkin Fun's Top picks for Dec 8-12
- #HowToMiami - Street Art