See the holiday fave, "The Nutcracker," performed by our city's very own this December 18th-23rd at the Adrienne Arsht Center.
1300 Biscayne Boulevard
By Solange Reyner
See the holiday fave, "The Nutcracker," performed by our city's very own this December 18th-23rd at the Adrienne Arsht Center. The Miami City Ballet is putting this performance on for the 20th season and it's sure to be a special one.
Well, it's certainly special enough to the performers - even though they've been through this number numerous times. (See our Behind the Scenes look at the Miami City Ballet vid for example.) Famed artistic director Edward Villella leads this troupe, which includes plenty of children from the MCB's school.
The folks at the Miami City Ballet have been prepping for this one for some time, including the seamstresses - most of the costumes are made at the in-house shop.
See and Do
- Puppet shows, storytimes, spring break & 10 other fun things to do this week
- King Arthur and his knights get goofy in ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- ‘War Horse’ brings its imaginative, moving drama to Miami’s Arsht Center
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Mar. 7-9
- Calle Ocho: 5 Things we are excited about this year
- Daddy Yankee reigns as the King of Calle Ocho
- World Golf Championships-Cadillac Championship brings golf and more to Doral
- Fair freebies, 110 years of Dr Seuss, Lego builds & 10 other fun things to do this week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Feb. 28-Mar. 2
- Carnaval on the Mile kicks off a busy month in Miami