See the holiday fave, "The Nutcracker," performed by our city's very own this December 18th-23rd at the Adrienne Arsht Center.
By Solange Reyner
See the holiday fave, "The Nutcracker," performed by our city's very own this December 18th-23rd at the Adrienne Arsht Center. The Miami City Ballet is putting this performance on for the 20th season and it's sure to be a special one.
Well, it's certainly special enough to the performers - even though they've been through this number numerous times. (See our Behind the Scenes look at the Miami City Ballet vid for example.) Famed artistic director Edward Villella leads this troupe, which includes plenty of children from the MCB's school.
The folks at the Miami City Ballet have been prepping for this one for some time, including the seamstresses - most of the costumes are made at the in-house shop.
1300 Biscayne Boulevard
See and Do
- Discover Miami's Historic MiMo District on Biscayne Boulevard
- Little Haiti's galleries, shops and bars
- Discover Miami's Little Haiti neighbhorhood
- He was told as a boy he'd have to go to a deaf school—but he grew up to help make the music to Hamilton
- Las Olas Art Fair takes over the streets of Fort Lauderdale this weekend
- Coral Gables Hispanic Cultural Festival takes over the streets of City Beautiful
- 5 reasons you should check out the Mammography Art Initiative in Wynwood this weekend
- 7 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Oct. 21-23
- Miami's cultural itinerary courtesy of Prism Creative Group - Oct. 16-31
- Find your happy place at the Modern Life Mindfulness Festival