The Magical Music of Disney
Miami Symphony Orchestra performs a concert series featuring the music of classical Disney films.
The Miami Symphony Orchestra performs “The Magical Music of Disney” concert during a unique “Golden Sounds of Hollywood” concert series this weekend, featuring timeless Disney images animated with music. The concert of symphonic arrangements from The Walt Disney Studio archives will feature music from early classics to recent releases, incorporating musical performances from Disney’s animated films including The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Mary Poppins, Tarzan, The Little Mermaid, Rescuers Down Under, Aladdin, Mulan and Hunchback of Notre Dame.
The concerts take place at 8 p.m. Friday, Dec. 10, at Gusman Concert Hall at the University of Miami (1314 Miller Drive, Coral Gables), and 8 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 12, at Lincoln Theatre (541 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach). An extra performance music lovers of all ages has been added to the concert series and will take place at 10 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 11, at Gusman Concert Hall. The Saturday concert is offered at a discount flat rate of $25 per ticket. Three program subscriptions are available from $79 to $193, and full season subscriptions are available from $250 to $450, or nine programs for the cost of seven. For details, visit www.themiso.org, call (305) 275-5666, or email email@example.com.
Miami Symphony Orchestra
Dec. 10, 8 p.m. and Dec. 11 at 10 a.m. Gusman Concert Hall at the University of Miami, 1314 Miller Drive, Coral Gables
Dec. 12, at 8 p.m. Lincoln Theatre, 541 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach
See and Do
- O, Miami poetry shows up in local food
- Balans restaurant owner found dead
- Skateboards and jazz collide this weekend at YoungArts campus
- Miami Broward One Carnival heads south to a new venue in Miami
- Accessible Art: Fort Lauderdale art exhibit spotlights 10 female artists, CIFO teams up with Museum of Fine Arts Boston, and MOCA on WPBT Ch. 2
- More gifts pour in as Pérez Art Museum Miami prepares to open
- Bookleggers brings Literary Death Match to Bardot in Miami
- Abstract painter Larry Poons brings art to Miami nature center in January
- Lunch with Lydia: Daughter of Wynwood pioneer carries on father’s mission
- A prelude to Art Basel for locals