The Field Irish Pub
Corned beef, cabbage and a cozy setting in Dania
The Field Irish Pub & Eatery
3281 Griffin Rd, Dania Beach
Hours: 11am-10pm Sunday-Thursday, 11am-midnight Friday-Saturday. Bar closes 2am nightly.
Prices: Starters $3.50-$11.95, entrees $9.95-$21.95, desserts $4.95-$5.95, kids meals $5.95-$6.95.
FYI: Full bar; no corkage fee. AX, DS, MC, VS. Live music Tuesday-Saturday (Irish Thursday-Saturday). St. Patrick's Day festivities include bagpipers, Irish dancers, face painting and live music.
A true Irish pub, says Belfast-born Hilary Joyalle, has "an indefinable heart." Stop by Joyalle's place, The Field Irish Pub & Eatery in Dania Beach, and you'll understand what she means. This place has “it.” The Field is about as close as you can get to an authentic Irish pub without hopping on Aer Lingus. The Field's homey menu features traditional Irish pub grub bangers and mash, shepherd's pie and fish and chips as well as burgers, sandwiches, salads and entrees like Gaelic steak (with an Irish whiskey cream sauce). mahi-mahi and "heart healthy'' specials.
Ambiance: Named for a 1990 movie starring Richard Harris, The Field looks like a rambling farmhouse plucked from the Irish countryside. Framed in dark wood, it's packed with antiques, books, barrels and knickknacks, some from its former incarnation as the country-themed Spiced Apple. While The Field can seat about 350, its six rooms make a warm and intimate setting. In the main dining room and bar area, you'll hear terrific Irish bands such as Celtic Bridge with Eamonn Dillon, one of Florida's few uilleann (Irish bagpipe) pipers, Joyalle says. There's also dining outside by a 100-year-old banyan tree, where you may see Luna the cat, who has adopted the pub as her home.
- Uber rich potato soup topped with Cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon and green bell pepper
- Sausage rolls wrapped in light, flaky pastry
- Wild oak-smoked salmon served with flatbread, chopped red onion, capers and a potato pancake
- Littleneck clams pan-seared with pancetta, a touch of garlic and a splash of white wine
- Signature corned beef and cabbage, served with buttered carrots, baby red-skinned potatoes and a light parsley sauce
- A juicy steak made with a flavorful coffee and spice rub
- Cool, but palate-pleasing, scallops and shrimp over penne
- Decadent bread pudding with a Jameson Irish whiskey sauce
- Delectable peach cobbler and strawberry rhubarb tart
- Casa d'Angelo hosts Brunello wine dinner June 26
- Steak 954 hosts war of the wines dinner series June 27
- Fort Lauderdale's Hot & Soul serves up global comfort food
- Sustainable seafood stars at Wild Sea on Las Olas
- The BOL brings an "elevated Asian experience" to Seminole Hard Rock
- Steak 954 hosts a "Bourbon on the Brain" fundraiser
- Amatsu brings "heavenly" sushi to the Westin Fort Lauderdale
- Get Festive: Blues, Brews & BBQ and Las Olas Wine & Food 2013
- Wild Sea Oyster Bar brings seafood to Fort Lauderdale's Riverside Hotel
- Margate's Fusion Latin Cuisine celebrates its grand opening March 21