The Field Irish Pub
Corned beef, cabbage and a cozy setting in Dania
The Field Irish Pub & Eatery
3281 Griffin Rd, Dania Beach
Hours: 11am-10pm Sunday-Thursday, 11am-midnight Friday-Saturday. Bar closes 2am nightly.
Prices: Starters $3.50-$11.95, entrees $9.95-$21.95, desserts $4.95-$5.95, kids meals $5.95-$6.95.
FYI: Full bar; no corkage fee. AX, DS, MC, VS. Live music Tuesday-Saturday (Irish Thursday-Saturday). St. Patrick's Day festivities include bagpipers, Irish dancers, face painting and live music.
A true Irish pub, says Belfast-born Hilary Joyalle, has "an indefinable heart." Stop by Joyalle's place, The Field Irish Pub & Eatery in Dania Beach, and you'll understand what she means. This place has “it.” The Field is about as close as you can get to an authentic Irish pub without hopping on Aer Lingus. The Field's homey menu features traditional Irish pub grub bangers and mash, shepherd's pie and fish and chips as well as burgers, sandwiches, salads and entrees like Gaelic steak (with an Irish whiskey cream sauce). mahi-mahi and "heart healthy'' specials.
Ambiance: Named for a 1990 movie starring Richard Harris, The Field looks like a rambling farmhouse plucked from the Irish countryside. Framed in dark wood, it's packed with antiques, books, barrels and knickknacks, some from its former incarnation as the country-themed Spiced Apple. While The Field can seat about 350, its six rooms make a warm and intimate setting. In the main dining room and bar area, you'll hear terrific Irish bands such as Celtic Bridge with Eamonn Dillon, one of Florida's few uilleann (Irish bagpipe) pipers, Joyalle says. There's also dining outside by a 100-year-old banyan tree, where you may see Luna the cat, who has adopted the pub as her home.
- Uber rich potato soup topped with Cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon and green bell pepper
- Sausage rolls wrapped in light, flaky pastry
- Wild oak-smoked salmon served with flatbread, chopped red onion, capers and a potato pancake
- Littleneck clams pan-seared with pancetta, a touch of garlic and a splash of white wine
- Signature corned beef and cabbage, served with buttered carrots, baby red-skinned potatoes and a light parsley sauce
- A juicy steak made with a flavorful coffee and spice rub
- Cool, but palate-pleasing, scallops and shrimp over penne
- Decadent bread pudding with a Jameson Irish whiskey sauce
- Delectable peach cobbler and strawberry rhubarb tart
- Paula DaSilva hosts a three-month "Spring Awakening" brunch series at 3030 Ocean
- SAIA celebrates National Noodle Month with 25% off pad Thai shrimp
- Bite into something new this Feb: Restaurant openings in Wynwood, Fort Lauderdale & Aventura
- Toast National Margarita Day Feb 22
- SAIA woos AIA marathoners with a Feb 16 feast
- Paula DaSilva debuts new menu at Fort Lauderdale's 3030 Ocean
- Blue Moon Fish Co debuts Saturday brunch
- Brio launches Bar Brioso happy hour
- D'Angelo Pizza celebrates its first anniversary in Weston with $40 four-course feast
- Join Michelle Bernstein & support ARC Broward at Delish 2014 on March 7