The Festival of Flamenco Song
Masters of Spanish flamenco are in town for the Festival of Flamenco Song.
The Festival of Flamenco Song offers week-long schedule of concerts, dance performances and workshops that will bring the Madre Patria to Miami. Organized by Siempre Flamenco, a Miami-based arts organization dedicated to promoting authentic flamenco events, the festival brings together masters as well as up-and-coming stars of the flamenco world, directly from Spain.
The festival kicks off with Al Andalus, Caravana, a concert where the Jewish, Moorish, and Gypsy roots of flamenco come together in a contemporary fusion featuring Cantor George Mordecai, Joe Zeytoonian & Myriam Eli, Paco and Celia Fonta. $20.00 General Admission $18.00 seniors (65 and up w/ ID).
Sunday, March 21st, 4 p.m. Temple Emanu-El, 1701 Washington Ave., Miami Beach.
Guitar lovers will enjoy a flamenco guitar recital by Emilio Prados followed by a master class of Cante with Manuel Palacin. Free, $10.00 suggested donation.
Thursday, March 25th. Recital at 7 p.m., class begins at 8 p.m. Centro Cultural Español, 800 Douglas Rd, Coral Gables.
Learn some flamenco dance moves at a workshop with Jose Barios. Register online at www.siempreflamenco.com or call 305—866-4387.
March 22 through 24th, beginners at 7 p.m., advanced at 8:30 p.m. Performing Arts Network, 13146 West Dixie HWY, North Miami.
The festival culminates with Fragua, Cante Puro, where flamenco song unites with the intricate fury of dance in a unique concert that will exhilarate and delight both young and old. Guest artists from Spain include Manuel Palacin , Jose Barrios, Ruben de Maria and from Miami, Paco and Celia Fonta. Tickets are $35 VIP, $25.00 general admission. $30 VIP, $20 general admission for seniors (65 and up w/ID).
Friday and Saturday, March 26th& 27th 8pm. Colony Theater, 1040 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach.
Tickets on sale now www.siempreflamenco.com.
See and Do
- Pee Wee’s Big Adventure, Parachutes & Doktor Kaboom: Munchkin Fun's Top picks Apr 27 - May 3
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - April 24-26
- ‘MythBusters’ duo gets Miami audience involved in science hijinks
- Little Havana Visitor Center opens on Calle Ocho
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 24-26
- Festivals of Speed brings luxury to Museum Park
- Island City delivers the laughs and the bite in ‘Little Dog Laughed’
- Outdoor Movies, Earth Day Goodies, Summer Camp & Giveaways: Munchkin Fun's Top picks Apr 20-26
- No 'pleading the fifth' for Andy Cohen in Miami
- Anderson Cooper comes to Miami for an intimate conversation