Texas man wins HGTV Urban Oasis Giveaway contest
At Paramount Bay
James Walley has a nice, new Miami spread. The married father of two from Texas won the 2012 HGTV Urban Oasis prize: a fully furnished, 20th-floor dwelling in the Paramount Bay condo, partially designed by Lenny Kravitz. The 1,700-square-foot, two-bedroom place is valued at $900,000. When HGTV personality John Gidding came to Walley’s Houston home to bring the news, James’ 6-year-old son knew right away what was up. “My son yelled up and down the hallway, ‘HGTV is here! HGTV is here!’” said Walley, who works in the IT department of a sporting goods company and entered twice a day almost every day until the contest ended. Walley’s reaction was filmed for an HGTV special airing 8 p.m. Dec. 28; he and his wife Denise will receive the keys from Gidding at the downtown-area property Friday morning.
On Our Radar
- Madonna concert dates in Miami changed
- Christina Milian models in Miami Beach
- What's up with Ryan Tannehill's mega contract?
- Instacart: An easier way to get groceries?
- Tony Romo eats his way through Miami
- Phil Collins in town
- Adrian Grenier guest of honor at magazine party
- Kings of Chaos at Hard Rock Live
- Joe Pepitone biopic penned by local screenwriters
- Talking to Beyonce's fitness guru Marco Borges