Texas man wins HGTV Urban Oasis Giveaway contest
At Paramount Bay
James Walley has a nice, new Miami spread. The married father of two from Texas won the 2012 HGTV Urban Oasis prize: a fully furnished, 20th-floor dwelling in the Paramount Bay condo, partially designed by Lenny Kravitz. The 1,700-square-foot, two-bedroom place is valued at $900,000. When HGTV personality John Gidding came to Walley’s Houston home to bring the news, James’ 6-year-old son knew right away what was up. “My son yelled up and down the hallway, ‘HGTV is here! HGTV is here!’” said Walley, who works in the IT department of a sporting goods company and entered twice a day almost every day until the contest ended. Walley’s reaction was filmed for an HGTV special airing 8 p.m. Dec. 28; he and his wife Denise will receive the keys from Gidding at the downtown-area property Friday morning.
On Our Radar
- Ben & Jerry’s Free Ice Cream Tasting
- Joanna Krupa puts apartment up for sale
- Former 'Queer Eye' designer Thom Filicia lends his touch to new condo in Edgewater
- Key West company featured on 'The Profit'
- Miami Beach, Miami Gardens among nation’s most dangerous suburbs
- George Lopez talks 'Saint George' and 'Rio 2'
- Old Spice Guy Isaiah Mustafa spreads the love
- Will Smith seen relaxing at Zuma
- Local designer wins Lifetime's 'Under the Gunn'
- 'House of Cards' star Kevin Spacey dines out