Texas man wins HGTV Urban Oasis Giveaway contest
At Paramount Bay
James Walley has a nice, new Miami spread. The married father of two from Texas won the 2012 HGTV Urban Oasis prize: a fully furnished, 20th-floor dwelling in the Paramount Bay condo, partially designed by Lenny Kravitz. The 1,700-square-foot, two-bedroom place is valued at $900,000. When HGTV personality John Gidding came to Walley’s Houston home to bring the news, James’ 6-year-old son knew right away what was up. “My son yelled up and down the hallway, ‘HGTV is here! HGTV is here!’” said Walley, who works in the IT department of a sporting goods company and entered twice a day almost every day until the contest ended. Walley’s reaction was filmed for an HGTV special airing 8 p.m. Dec. 28; he and his wife Denise will receive the keys from Gidding at the downtown-area property Friday morning.
On Our Radar
- 3 rare pre-embargo Cuban cigars to buy in Miami
- How to get the celebrity bikini body you crave
- Luis Guzman in Miami: Spanish is easier than French
- Miami artist Becky Rosa unveils massive public art installation at Wynwood gallery
- Antonio Banderas: I have an attachment to Miami
- Runway Reviews from Miami Fashion Week 2016
- Do you live in one of the most stressed out places in Florida?
- Gwen Stefani's having trouble selling tickets for tour
- Miami Fashion Week arrives with new celebs and a fresh vision
- 5 things to know about 2 Chainz