Tennis star Maria Sharapova’s sparkly rock
To kick off the star-studded tennis week , Maria Sharapova partied at the Surfcomber on Sunday where she announced the six women who are participating in the Sony Ericsson Xperia Hot Shots reality show. The show — featuring tennis players Alize Cornet, Dominika Cibulkova, Sabine Lisicki, Heather Watson, Sorana Cirstea and local gal Bethanie Mattek-Sands — will be featured online throughout the Sony Ericsson tournament. “The launch tonight, in front of a home crowd, was amazing. I have had so much fun already. We’ve been filming for the last few weeks, and I can’t wait to get involved in some of the other activities Sony Ericsson has got planned,” said Miami resident Mattek-Sands.
After Saturday’s Jazz in the Gardens concert at Sun Life Stadium, Grammy winner Lauryn Hill took the stage again Sunday for a performance at Miami’s Grand Central nightclub.
Hill, who is touring with a series of intimate concerts across the U.S., belted out some of her greatest hits including Sweetest Thing, Doo Wop (That Thing) and Everything is Everything.
On her website the former Fugee writes that “one of the benefits of playing venues smaller than the ones I’m used to allows me the opportunity to not only reconnect with my supporters but to expose them to a portion of the musical journey I’ve been on which the world for the most part has not had access to.”
Unlike Hill, Miami rapper Pitbull doesn’t shun the spotlight.
On Saturday, Mr. 305 wowed a fancy crowd at the Women of Tomorrow Gala when he sang two of his hits and mingled with the rich. Tixs to the event, a benefit for the Women of Tomorrow scholarship and mentor program, were on the pricy side: a table for 10 cost $25,000.
On Our Radar
- Bryan "Birdman" Williams pays up
- Luis Miguel takes a bath in real estate deal
- Michael Buble's Instagram post criticized
- Estefans’ star search is over for ‘On Your Feet’
- Artist Romero Britto sues Apple
- Dave Chappelle parties, Bow Wow holds court
- Mario Lopez serves as grand marshal at Miami Beach Gay Pride parade
- Here's your chance to audition for 'La Banda"
- Scott Eastwood talks 'The Longest Ride' from ranch in Davie
- Shaggy talks new single, Brian Williams and state of reggae