Teens can learn how to be a model
Does your teenage daughter want to be the next Gisele? Here’s a start: Modeling Camp Miami next Tuesday through Friday at The Doubletree by Hilton Ocean Point Resort and Spa in Sunny Isles Beach. Girls ages 12 to 18 can get their feet wet and learn the ins and outs of the profession with seminars featuring guests like onetime America’s Next Top Model contestant Victoria Henly, as well as partake in photoshoots with local fashion photographers and meet with alumni from the industry. The day camp was founded by Washington, D.C., modeling agency owner Heather Cole, who moved to the United States from England at the age of 18 and went on to pose for Vogue, Marie Claire and Elle. Cost is $999, which includes all activities, lunch, a portfolio book and pictures and a sure-to-be-stylish T-shirt. Register at www.modelingcamp.com or call 888-757-5575.
On Our Radar
- Rick Ross celebrates 10 years of 'Port of Miami'
- 5 reasons why everyone should watch Premios Tu Mundo
- Ricky Martin in Miami Beach with Maluma
- Armand Assante remembers 'Mambo Kings' premiere
- Zika cases found in Miami Beach, pregnant women warned to stay away by CDC
- Kanye West's Life of Pablo pop up shop in Miami
- Miami hurdler Brianna Rollins rules!
- Disney princess Aimee Carrero a Miami girl
- Are Anna Kournikova and Enrique Iglesias married?
- 6 things to do so you don't get Zika