Teens can learn how to be a model
Does your teenage daughter want to be the next Gisele? Here’s a start: Modeling Camp Miami next Tuesday through Friday at The Doubletree by Hilton Ocean Point Resort and Spa in Sunny Isles Beach. Girls ages 12 to 18 can get their feet wet and learn the ins and outs of the profession with seminars featuring guests like onetime America’s Next Top Model contestant Victoria Henly, as well as partake in photoshoots with local fashion photographers and meet with alumni from the industry. The day camp was founded by Washington, D.C., modeling agency owner Heather Cole, who moved to the United States from England at the age of 18 and went on to pose for Vogue, Marie Claire and Elle. Cost is $999, which includes all activities, lunch, a portfolio book and pictures and a sure-to-be-stylish T-shirt. Register at www.modelingcamp.com or call 888-757-5575.
On Our Radar
- Phil Collins: 'I don’t like Miami particularly'
- DJ Irie gets put in the hot seat this Saturday at his own celebrity roast
- King Tide floods the streets of South Florida
- Jose Fernandez may get his own Miami street
- Orange is the New Black star gets her drink on
- Where to get hurricane updates without a TV
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Mark Ruffalo at “Before the Flood” screening
- What's closed in Miami because of Hurricane Matthew
- La La Anthony in Miami trying out cocktails
- Mrs Chris Bosh christened sparkling new parking spot