Teens can learn how to be a model
Does your teenage daughter want to be the next Gisele? Here’s a start: Modeling Camp Miami next Tuesday through Friday at The Doubletree by Hilton Ocean Point Resort and Spa in Sunny Isles Beach. Girls ages 12 to 18 can get their feet wet and learn the ins and outs of the profession with seminars featuring guests like onetime America’s Next Top Model contestant Victoria Henly, as well as partake in photoshoots with local fashion photographers and meet with alumni from the industry. The day camp was founded by Washington, D.C., modeling agency owner Heather Cole, who moved to the United States from England at the age of 18 and went on to pose for Vogue, Marie Claire and Elle. Cost is $999, which includes all activities, lunch, a portfolio book and pictures and a sure-to-be-stylish T-shirt. Register at www.modelingcamp.com or call 888-757-5575.
On Our Radar
- Luis Miguel takes a bath in real estate deal
- Michael Buble's Instagram post criticized
- Estefans’ star search is over for ‘On Your Feet’
- Artist Romero Britto sues Apple
- Dave Chappelle parties, Bow Wow holds court
- Mario Lopez serves as grand marshal at Miami Beach Gay Pride parade
- Here's your chance to audition for 'La Banda"
- Scott Eastwood talks 'The Longest Ride' from ranch in Davie
- Shaggy talks new single, Brian Williams and state of reggae
- Justin Bieber joins Ariana Grande on stage