Teens can learn how to be a model
Does your teenage daughter want to be the next Gisele? Here’s a start: Modeling Camp Miami next Tuesday through Friday at The Doubletree by Hilton Ocean Point Resort and Spa in Sunny Isles Beach. Girls ages 12 to 18 can get their feet wet and learn the ins and outs of the profession with seminars featuring guests like onetime America’s Next Top Model contestant Victoria Henly, as well as partake in photoshoots with local fashion photographers and meet with alumni from the industry. The day camp was founded by Washington, D.C., modeling agency owner Heather Cole, who moved to the United States from England at the age of 18 and went on to pose for Vogue, Marie Claire and Elle. Cost is $999, which includes all activities, lunch, a portfolio book and pictures and a sure-to-be-stylish T-shirt. Register at www.modelingcamp.com or call 888-757-5575.
On Our Radar
- Kathie Lee Gifford at Boca Bachannal
- Ex Real Housewives of Miami star arrested
- Local chef a contestant on 'Hell's Kitchen'
- Big Bang Theory star Jim Parsons in Miami
- Dan Aykroyd making stops in Broward
- Scott Disick set to appear at Crazy Horse in Pompano Beach
- Toni Braxton meets up with the Wades at benefit
- Sir Richard Branson takes in Formula E
- Nick Zano talks being a Florida guy
- Victoria's Secret spring break party