Teens can learn how to be a model
Does your teenage daughter want to be the next Gisele? Here’s a start: Modeling Camp Miami next Tuesday through Friday at The Doubletree by Hilton Ocean Point Resort and Spa in Sunny Isles Beach. Girls ages 12 to 18 can get their feet wet and learn the ins and outs of the profession with seminars featuring guests like onetime America’s Next Top Model contestant Victoria Henly, as well as partake in photoshoots with local fashion photographers and meet with alumni from the industry. The day camp was founded by Washington, D.C., modeling agency owner Heather Cole, who moved to the United States from England at the age of 18 and went on to pose for Vogue, Marie Claire and Elle. Cost is $999, which includes all activities, lunch, a portfolio book and pictures and a sure-to-be-stylish T-shirt. Register at www.modelingcamp.com or call 888-757-5575.
On Our Radar
- Miami teen hits the big time
- Inside details of Sofia Vergara's wedding
- DWTS cast members will present SWAY: A Dance Trilogy at Olympia Theater
- Trey Songz and friends spend the day giving back.
- Recap: Miami.com Experience - Pop-Up Dinner at Bocce with Sugarcane
- Tiger Woods' ex holds dinner in Palm Beach
- Jamaican pop star OMI at club opening
- Miami's (wannabe) adopted son David Beckham is 'Sexiest Man'
- Influence Miami at Bakehouse Art Complex
- Fab 5 Freddy featured in a salon at YoungArts tonight