Techie wins Burn Notice contest
Gets set visit
Craig Owenby is sure to go a little hogwild bragging on social media this week. The Georgian is being flown to Miami to celebrate his status as grand prize winner of the USA Network’s Burn Notice Science Challenge. The national competition, inspired by the locally shot series, is meant to encourage learning in science, technology, engineering and math among high schoolers. The recent grad, attending Georgia Institute of Technology this fall to major in computer science, submitted his “laser communicator,” which fictional superspy Michael Westen (Jeffrey Donovan) may use to better hook up with his undercover homies. For his efforts, Craig nets a $10,000 scholarship, on-air recognition from stars Bruce Campbell and Coby Bell, and a meet and greet on set with everyone including Gabrielle Anwar and creator Matt Nix Friday. They'll be filming the final episode.
On Our Radar
- A Year in Pitbull
- Kylie and Kendall Jenner seen all over Miami for Art Basel
- Bon Jovi puts on private concert for SiriusXM in Miami Beach
- Sarah Jessica Parker gets her Basel on for the first time
- Cheech Marin is promoting a new ‘substance’ in Miami
- Heidi Klum: She’s an artist, too
- Fidel Castro is dead. Miami's Cuban exiles celebrate.
- Andy Cohen talks about celebrity gossip in latest book
- Report: An 'exhausted' Kanye West cancels tour, is hospitalized
- Singer Kesha in Miami for charity