Techie wins Burn Notice contest
Gets set visit
Craig Owenby is sure to go a little hogwild bragging on social media this week. The Georgian is being flown to Miami to celebrate his status as grand prize winner of the USA Network’s Burn Notice Science Challenge. The national competition, inspired by the locally shot series, is meant to encourage learning in science, technology, engineering and math among high schoolers. The recent grad, attending Georgia Institute of Technology this fall to major in computer science, submitted his “laser communicator,” which fictional superspy Michael Westen (Jeffrey Donovan) may use to better hook up with his undercover homies. For his efforts, Craig nets a $10,000 scholarship, on-air recognition from stars Bruce Campbell and Coby Bell, and a meet and greet on set with everyone including Gabrielle Anwar and creator Matt Nix Friday. They'll be filming the final episode.
On Our Radar
- Donald Trump gets key to Doral
- Ivanka Trump, on fashion, work, motherhood, Miami
- Giant un-retouched selfie at The Mondrian
- Madonna is kicking off her 35-city tour in Miami
- Hank Azaria playing emcee at local gala on Sunday night
- Talking to Ana Maria in Novela Land star
- Chazz Palminteri tells his 'Bronx Tale'
- Athletes seen partying in Miami
- Is Miami Heat star Chris Bosh OK?
- Latin stars come together for Premios Lo Nuestro