Techie wins Burn Notice contest
Gets set visit
Craig Owenby is sure to go a little hogwild bragging on social media this week. The Georgian is being flown to Miami to celebrate his status as grand prize winner of the USA Network’s Burn Notice Science Challenge. The national competition, inspired by the locally shot series, is meant to encourage learning in science, technology, engineering and math among high schoolers. The recent grad, attending Georgia Institute of Technology this fall to major in computer science, submitted his “laser communicator,” which fictional superspy Michael Westen (Jeffrey Donovan) may use to better hook up with his undercover homies. For his efforts, Craig nets a $10,000 scholarship, on-air recognition from stars Bruce Campbell and Coby Bell, and a meet and greet on set with everyone including Gabrielle Anwar and creator Matt Nix Friday. They'll be filming the final episode.
On Our Radar
- Madonna concert dates in Miami changed
- Christina Milian models in Miami Beach
- What's up with Ryan Tannehill's mega contract?
- Instacart: An easier way to get groceries?
- Tony Romo eats his way through Miami
- Phil Collins in town
- Adrian Grenier guest of honor at magazine party
- Kings of Chaos at Hard Rock Live
- Joe Pepitone biopic penned by local screenwriters
- Talking to Beyonce's fitness guru Marco Borges