Techie wins Burn Notice contest
Gets set visit
Craig Owenby is sure to go a little hogwild bragging on social media this week. The Georgian is being flown to Miami to celebrate his status as grand prize winner of the USA Network’s Burn Notice Science Challenge. The national competition, inspired by the locally shot series, is meant to encourage learning in science, technology, engineering and math among high schoolers. The recent grad, attending Georgia Institute of Technology this fall to major in computer science, submitted his “laser communicator,” which fictional superspy Michael Westen (Jeffrey Donovan) may use to better hook up with his undercover homies. For his efforts, Craig nets a $10,000 scholarship, on-air recognition from stars Bruce Campbell and Coby Bell, and a meet and greet on set with everyone including Gabrielle Anwar and creator Matt Nix Friday. They'll be filming the final episode.
On Our Radar
- Rumor mill: Shakira switches brokers midstream
- Local cake makers get reality show, 'Divas del Azucar'
- Wilmer Valderrama will judge Calle Ocho fashion show
- John Turturro to be honored at MIFF
- Cadillac V-series Challenge puts pro golfers, VIPs on the fast track at Homestead-Miami Speedway
- Oprah's Fisher Island home sells again
- Shirley MacLaine to appear at Miami International Film Fest
- Beckhams won't move into Versace mansion
- Celeb spotting: Prime 112 sees a lot of action
- Emilio Estefan movie to have world premiere