Techie wins Burn Notice contest
Gets set visit
Craig Owenby is sure to go a little hogwild bragging on social media this week. The Georgian is being flown to Miami to celebrate his status as grand prize winner of the USA Network’s Burn Notice Science Challenge. The national competition, inspired by the locally shot series, is meant to encourage learning in science, technology, engineering and math among high schoolers. The recent grad, attending Georgia Institute of Technology this fall to major in computer science, submitted his “laser communicator,” which fictional superspy Michael Westen (Jeffrey Donovan) may use to better hook up with his undercover homies. For his efforts, Craig nets a $10,000 scholarship, on-air recognition from stars Bruce Campbell and Coby Bell, and a meet and greet on set with everyone including Gabrielle Anwar and creator Matt Nix Friday. They'll be filming the final episode.
On Our Radar
- Mario Chalmers: It's going to be an exciting Miami Heat season
- Spied around Miami: ARod, Katy Perry's ex, Shaq
- Million Dollar Listing Miami in trouble?
- Dwayne "The Rock Johnson filming football show in Miami
- Sofia Vergara & Joe Mangianello continue romance-fest in Miami
- Maria Menounos talks new show, book and dieting
- Is Star Island losing its luster?
- Keith Richards' daughter Alexandra spins for crowd
- Models & bottles: Leonardo DiCaprio does Miami Beach
- The Rock literally battles it out in new movie Hercules