Team Kanye and Jay Z
Top earners in rapping world
On Monday, Jay-Z and Kanye West dropped their long-awaited collaboration, Watch the Throne. Good timing - and title. The Empire State of Mind rapper is hip-hop’s top earner with $37 million in the past 12 months, claiming his fourth Cash Kings crown in five years; Kanye ranked third, raking in $16 million. See the millionaires in the flesh Sunday night at LIV. They'll be there with a few DJs to show off a few tracks from the album. The two men are in good company, money wise. The other top earners on Forbes' list:
Sean “Diddy” Combs, $35 million: Music now accounts for less than 20% of earnings for the artist formerly known as Puff Daddy, thanks to big stakes in clothing lines Sean John and Enyce, record label Bad Boy and marketing firm Blue Flame. But it's his Ciroc vodka deal that led Forbes to estimate his net worth at $475 million this winter
Dwayne “Lil Wayne” Carter, $15 million: The lyricist reportedly wrote his first song at age 8 and signed a record deal with Cash Money a year later. Today he's one of rap's richest, despite serving eight months in jail last year. His latest release, I Am Not A Human Being, made him the first artist since Tupac Shakur to have a No. 1 album while incarcerated.
Bryan “Birdman” Williams, also $15 million: The Cash Money chief continues to rake in cash from the label he cofounded, home to fellow Cash Kings Lil Wayne, Drake and Nicki Minaj.
For more go to www.forbes.com/forbesfive
On Our Radar
- David Beckham canvasing Miami again?
- Paris Hilton on the red carpet
- Kathie Lee Gifford at Boca Bachannal
- Ex Real Housewives of Miami star arrested
- Local chef a contestant on 'Hell's Kitchen'
- Big Bang Theory star Jim Parsons in Miami
- Dan Aykroyd making stops in Broward
- Scott Disick set to appear at Crazy Horse in Pompano Beach
- Toni Braxton meets up with the Wades at benefit
- Sir Richard Branson takes in Formula E