Taxman cometh for local celebrities
Can't avoid the IRS
Real Housewives of Miami’s Alexia Echevarria and husband Herman have finally settled a 2-year-old federal tax lien. According to federal records, advertising’s power couple are all paid up for unpaid taxes going back to 2009. The IRS, according to papers filed with Miami-Dade County, claimed they scrimped on their income tax payments by a total $94,078.44.
According to records, they sent a check in April, and the lien on their $1.2 million home has been cleared.
Taxes, meanwhile, are also why the state of Florida has filed a claim against Sue Cassidy, estranged wife of troubled former teen heartthrob David Cassidy. Sue lives in Fort Lauderdale while her soon-to-be-ex hubby, star of The Partridge Family, is taking care of a nasty drinking problem that cost him three DUI arrests in three years. She has just been asked by the state’s revenue czars to pony up $615.26 in re-employment taxes.
On Our Radar
- Pitbull back on New Year's Eve duty
- Maks Chmerkovskiy to host “SWAY: A Dance Trilogy”
- Thalia to appear at Macy's
- Hillary Clinton joins Marc Anthony on stage
- Scott Disick spotted with new ladyfriend in Miami Beach
- David Cassidy cited after car crash
- Young magician to appear at Arsht gala
- Phil Collins set to perform at charity gala
- Soledad O'Brien at 'I Am Latino in America' conference
- Shaq to host Barry University bash