Taxman cometh for local celebrities
Can't avoid the IRS
Real Housewives of Miami’s Alexia Echevarria and husband Herman have finally settled a 2-year-old federal tax lien. According to federal records, advertising’s power couple are all paid up for unpaid taxes going back to 2009. The IRS, according to papers filed with Miami-Dade County, claimed they scrimped on their income tax payments by a total $94,078.44.
According to records, they sent a check in April, and the lien on their $1.2 million home has been cleared.
Taxes, meanwhile, are also why the state of Florida has filed a claim against Sue Cassidy, estranged wife of troubled former teen heartthrob David Cassidy. Sue lives in Fort Lauderdale while her soon-to-be-ex hubby, star of The Partridge Family, is taking care of a nasty drinking problem that cost him three DUI arrests in three years. She has just been asked by the state’s revenue czars to pony up $615.26 in re-employment taxes.
On Our Radar
- Wilmer Valderrama in Miami
- Vanilla Ice headed to the Design District?
- Thrive Seminar, Nelson Foundation will award local entrepreneur $10,000 on Thursday on Miami Beach
- Comedian Jo Koy at Magic City Casino
- Want to get gorgeous fast? Glamsquad is one solution
- Puff Daddy and pals to take stage at Fontainebleau
- Miami Marlins star Giancarlo Stanton single & looking
- Brandon Flowers cancels Fillmore concert
- Zac Efron makes surprise visit to Regal, spins at Grand Central
- Ice Cube and co in town for 'Straight Outta Compton'