Beer and a run on Thursday, April 15 in Coconut Grove.
South Bayshore Dr
Miami City Hall
Coconut Grove (Next to Dinner Key Auditorium)
3500 Pan American Drive
By Solange Reyner
We know tax time is stressful. So head to Coconut Grove for a free beer this Thursday, April 15th. There's only one catch: you have to complete a 5 or 10K in the FICPA 1040K. So get your run on, then cool off with a cold one. Opening ceremonies start at 6:30 p.m. and the races start at 6:45 p.m. And don't worry, your money (ranging from $10 to $30) is going to a good cause: the proceeds are for South Florida African American accounting students for scholarships and endowment funds in memory of Lewis David, Miami-Dade County's first African American CPA and co-founder of the Greater Miami-South Florida Chapter.
See and Do
- Free Halloween events, family theater & 10 picks for the week
- HESS Select South Beach Seafood Festival takes place Saturday
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Oct. 24-26
- YoungArts kicks off Outside the Box series with a show by musician Dave Eggar
- Carbonell winners take the stage at South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center
- Pumpkin patches, parties and trick-or-treating: Munchkin Fun's 2014 Halloween Guide
- MIFFecito: A Shot of Cinema
- Grovetoberfest brings craft beer to Miami's masses
- Playwright Vanessa Garcia tackles identity in exile in her new play 'The Cuban Spring'
- Two generations of Latin music-makers gather in Miami for Red Bull Siempre Fresco