Tax day cometh! Flo Rida pays his bill
Rapper coughs it up
Flo Rida celebrated tax day by ... paying a huge debt to the IRS. The Miami Beach hip-hopper paid $1.2 million in unpaid income taxes going back to 2011, according to court records. The singer of Good Feeling and Wild Ones has made a habit of falling behind his quarterly taxes as of late but often paid up within weeks of IRS liens. Flo Rida, by the way, is scheduled to play the Fontainebleau Miami Beach on May 9.
Speaking of hip-hop: Three of Forbes top five grossing hip-hop stars have South Florida ties. Star Island dweller Sean Diddy Combs and downtown Miami part-timer Jay Z are No. 1 and 3. Both are closing in on the $1 billion mark. Combs apparently has $700 million to his name, according to the magazine, and Jay Z is in the $500 million range. No. 4 is Bryan Williams, aka Birdman, who co-founded Lil Wayne’s Cash Money records. Williams’ fortune is estimated at more than $300 million. He spent $7.15 million on a house in Weston’s Windmill Ranch recently. Dr. Dre is No. 2 and 50 Cent is No. 5.
On Our Radar
- Wilmer Valderrama in Miami
- Vanilla Ice headed to the Design District?
- Thrive Seminar, Nelson Foundation will award local entrepreneur $10,000 on Thursday on Miami Beach
- Comedian Jo Koy at Magic City Casino
- Want to get gorgeous fast? Glamsquad is one solution
- Puff Daddy and pals to take stage at Fontainebleau
- Miami Marlins star Giancarlo Stanton single & looking
- Brandon Flowers cancels Fillmore concert
- Zac Efron makes surprise visit to Regal, spins at Grand Central
- Ice Cube and co in town for 'Straight Outta Compton'