Tax day cometh! Flo Rida pays his bill
Rapper coughs it up
Flo Rida celebrated tax day by ... paying a huge debt to the IRS. The Miami Beach hip-hopper paid $1.2 million in unpaid income taxes going back to 2011, according to court records. The singer of Good Feeling and Wild Ones has made a habit of falling behind his quarterly taxes as of late but often paid up within weeks of IRS liens. Flo Rida, by the way, is scheduled to play the Fontainebleau Miami Beach on May 9.
Speaking of hip-hop: Three of Forbes top five grossing hip-hop stars have South Florida ties. Star Island dweller Sean Diddy Combs and downtown Miami part-timer Jay Z are No. 1 and 3. Both are closing in on the $1 billion mark. Combs apparently has $700 million to his name, according to the magazine, and Jay Z is in the $500 million range. No. 4 is Bryan Williams, aka Birdman, who co-founded Lil Wayne’s Cash Money records. Williams’ fortune is estimated at more than $300 million. He spent $7.15 million on a house in Weston’s Windmill Ranch recently. Dr. Dre is No. 2 and 50 Cent is No. 5.
On Our Radar
- One Direction loves Florida, records concert special
- Celebrity spotting in Miami
- What did most Miamians search for in 2014?
- See Fort Lauderdale native Jason Kennedy tie the knot
- Fleetwood Mac drummer Mick Fleetwood showcases his photography
- Ne-Yo plays Santa Claus in Kendall
- Rosario Dawson in Miami to talk new movie
- Diner en Blanc lands on Miami Beach
- Annie stars in Miami
- Shakira's mansion reportedly back on the market