The Art Basel of the tattoo community comes to Miami this Friday, Oct. 9.
Definitely put this one on your radar, or show up and put one on a body part. We're talking about tattoos, folks, so don't get too excited. The Visionary Expo Tattoo and Art Convention is coming to Miami this Friday, October 9th, so gather up your sketches and head to the Double Tree Miami Mart Hotel & Convention Center.
This event is considered the art basel of the tattoo community. You'll get a chance to get marked by featured artists Yoji Harada from Miami Ink, Chet Zar - the special effects makeup artist for films such as "Hellboy," "The Ring," and "Planet of the Apes," Tim Saigh of LA Ink, and Nikko Hurtado and Shawn Barber - who have appeared on LA Ink.
Miami's own OchoPlacas will also be on site.
There's so much going on, you won't want to miss it - and I've already forgotten most of it! Chrome and the MSG Cartel will be doing live graffiti each day, and you can get tips from some of the best in the business during the seminars, which take place throughout the 3-day event.
There's also a private VIP party on Saturday, October 10th, where you get a chance to get up close and personal with the artists.
Click on the attached URL for prices and times.
Double Tree Miami Mart Hotel & Convention Center
711 NW 72nd Avenue, Miami, 33126
See and Do
- Discover Miami's Little Haiti neighbhorhood
- He was told as a boy he'd have to go to a deaf school—but he grew up to help make the music to Hamilton
- Las Olas Art Fair takes over the streets of Fort Lauderdale this weekend
- Coral Gables Hispanic Cultural Festival takes over the streets of City Beautiful
- 5 reasons you should check out the Mammography Art Initiative in Wynwood this weekend
- 7 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Oct. 21-23
- Miami's cultural itinerary courtesy of Prism Creative Group - Oct. 16-31
- Find your happy place at the Modern Life Mindfulness Festival
- Grovetoberfest Celebrates Six Years of Craft Beer
- Can this Miami political roast Make America Laugh Again? Let's hope so