The Art Basel of the tattoo community comes to Miami this Friday, Oct. 9.
Double Tree Miami Mart Hotel & Convention Center
711 NW 72nd Avenue, Miami, 33126
Definitely put this one on your radar, or show up and put one on a body part. We're talking about tattoos, folks, so don't get too excited. The Visionary Expo Tattoo and Art Convention is coming to Miami this Friday, October 9th, so gather up your sketches and head to the Double Tree Miami Mart Hotel & Convention Center.
This event is considered the art basel of the tattoo community. You'll get a chance to get marked by featured artists Yoji Harada from Miami Ink, Chet Zar - the special effects makeup artist for films such as "Hellboy," "The Ring," and "Planet of the Apes," Tim Saigh of LA Ink, and Nikko Hurtado and Shawn Barber - who have appeared on LA Ink.
Miami's own OchoPlacas will also be on site.
There's so much going on, you won't want to miss it - and I've already forgotten most of it! Chrome and the MSG Cartel will be doing live graffiti each day, and you can get tips from some of the best in the business during the seminars, which take place throughout the 3-day event.
There's also a private VIP party on Saturday, October 10th, where you get a chance to get up close and personal with the artists.
Click on the attached URL for prices and times.
See and Do
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Holidays 2014
- Holiday parades, princess parties & a local gift guide: Munchkin Fun's top weekly picks
- Borscht Film Festival spurs a Miami filmmaking boom
- Holiday events in Miami
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Dec. 12-14
- Outré Theatre makes its move to Fort Lauderdale with ‘Othello’
- Cirque du Soleil brings its fem-centric show, 'Amaluna,' to Sun Life Stadium
- Seminole Hard Rock Winterfest Boat Parade floats into Broward this Saturday
- Holiday dance, theater and music favorites to make the season merry
- ‘Book of Mormon’ walks its fine line, this time at the Arsht Center