The Art Basel of the tattoo community comes to Miami this Friday, Oct. 9.
Double Tree Miami Mart Hotel & Convention Center
711 NW 72nd Avenue, Miami, 33126
Definitely put this one on your radar, or show up and put one on a body part. We're talking about tattoos, folks, so don't get too excited. The Visionary Expo Tattoo and Art Convention is coming to Miami this Friday, October 9th, so gather up your sketches and head to the Double Tree Miami Mart Hotel & Convention Center.
This event is considered the art basel of the tattoo community. You'll get a chance to get marked by featured artists Yoji Harada from Miami Ink, Chet Zar - the special effects makeup artist for films such as "Hellboy," "The Ring," and "Planet of the Apes," Tim Saigh of LA Ink, and Nikko Hurtado and Shawn Barber - who have appeared on LA Ink.
Miami's own OchoPlacas will also be on site.
There's so much going on, you won't want to miss it - and I've already forgotten most of it! Chrome and the MSG Cartel will be doing live graffiti each day, and you can get tips from some of the best in the business during the seminars, which take place throughout the 3-day event.
There's also a private VIP party on Saturday, October 10th, where you get a chance to get up close and personal with the artists.
Click on the attached URL for prices and times.
See and Do
- Filmgate Interactive festival spotlights experimental film and performance
- Miami Events - February 2015
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Jan. 30-Feb. 1
- Marshmallows, free yoga, American Girl crafts & freebie fun: Munchkin Fun's top picks
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Jan. 23-25
- South Florida theater season is heating up
- Fairchild's International Chocolate Festival returns
- ‘Late Night’ host Seth Meyers goes back to stand up roots in Miami
- Chocolate festivals, family gardening, American Girl & Home Depot: Top picks Jan 20-25
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Jan. 23-25