OchoPlacas Tattoos' "3-0-5 Day" offers Dade-inspired ink deal.
By Samantha Victor
Brand yourself as an eternal Miamian: OchoPlacas Tattoos launches a tribute to Dade County on Thursday, July 23, 2009 with “3-0-5 Day,” the parlor’s first annual event to prove unflagging 305 pride through tattoo art.
The Calle Ocho-based studio, a favorite of rappers Pitbull and Birdman, will create custom-designed artwork using Miami’s infamous area code from 1 p.m. to 10 p.m. for only $35 per tattoo.
Though the ink is a bargain, the level of creative commitment will still be there — artists John Vale, Javier Betancourt and Vincent Vasconez will re-interpret the digits as individualized works suited to each clients' sensibilities and style.
To book, call 305-264-0888 or visit www.ochoplacas.com. The parlor is located at 6240 SW 8th Street, Miami.
See and Do
- Youth Fair freebies, Parents’ Night Out, spring festivals & 10 other fun things to do this week
- Cartoonist Stephan Pastis at Books & Books on Sunday, March 16
- Miami-Dade County Youth Fair: Five things we are excited about
- 'Book of Mormon,' 'Newsies' headline Arsht Center's next season
- Puppet shows, storytimes, spring break & 10 other fun things to do this week
- Gipsy Kings celebrate 25 years of 'Bamboleo' at the Hard Rock on May 15
- King Arthur and his knights get goofy in ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- ‘War Horse’ brings its imaginative, moving drama to Miami’s Arsht Center
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Mar. 7-9
- Calle Ocho: 5 Things we are excited about this year