Tap 79 Bar & Grill opens in Miami's Shorecrest
Bin No. 18 chef-owner Alfredo Patino goes pub-grub and craft beer.
1071 NE 79th St., Miami
Hours: 3-11 p.m. Monday-Friday, 11 a.m.-11 p.m. Saturday-Sunday
Miami's newest gastropub opened this week in Shorecrest.
Tap 79 Bar & Grill, from Bin No. 18 chef-owner Alfredo Patino, serves pub-style, beer-friendly food. Small plates include clams and chorizo, salmon Scooby snacks and lamb-and-feta meatballs, while entrees like steak frites and chardonnay-steamed mussels show Patino's comfort with bistro cooking.
Craft beers like Bell's Two-Hearted Ale, Uinta Baba Organic Black Lager and Cigar City Maduro Brown Ale plus burgers (a blend of short rib, brisket and chuck cuts) and cured meats and cheeses round out Tap 79's menu.
The restaurant is in the former Buddha Sushi Bar, which closed in January after a 16-month run.
Buddha owner Jackson Staack wrote on Yelp that he simply did not have enough business to stay open. Staack also urged diners to consider a restaurant's age before posting negative reviews online:
"Avoid plac[ing] bad reviews about new places," he wrote. "It's like to push a baby learning the first steps."
- Pascal Oudin's Brasserie Central opening soon at Merrick Park
- From 1826 to 50 Eggs: Danny Grant to helm 'two new concepts' for John Kunkel's growing culinary empire
- Exclusive! Top Chef Masters' Patricia Yeo is Khong River House's new executive chef
- Japanese speakeasy BLK Orchid opening at Townhouse Hotel Oct. 17
- Coyo Taco Wynwood opening mid November
- Kris Wessel's A.I.R. near Lincoln Road closing after less than 2 months
- Miami Smokers opening retail shop & deli in Little Havana
- Chef Jeremiah's swinesational P.I.G. 5 lineup announced!
- Tickets now on sale for LUCKYRICE Festival's 5th Anniversary by Bombay Sapphire East and hosted by Masaharu Morimoto
- The Rumor Mill: Brad Kilgore leaving J&G Grill? Danny Grant out at 1826? Taperia Raca & more