Join other tango-istas at the Factory Milonga every Wednesday night at 9 p.m.and boogie in this warehouse in Miami.
By Solange Reyner
Well, here's something a little different. It's a dance party - with a tango twist - in the heart of the Wynwood district. Join other tango-istas at the Factory Milonga every Wednesday night at 9 p.m. and boogie down in this warehouse in Miami.
It's a weekly shindig that starts with a beginner's class taught by Sofia Kaufmann, who is the co-organizer of the event. She learned tango in Uruguay and took workshops in Argentina to master the dance.
The Milonga, known as an afterparty, starts at 10 and goes until 2 a.m.
The cost: $10.
The beverage code: bring your own - vino is popular among the tango communities and sharing is a tradition.
"Not just sharing a dance, but the drinks, too," says Kaufmann.
This Wednesday, you'll get a special treat - Kaufmann and another duo will be performing at 11 p.m.
174 NW 25th Street
See and Do
- Debate watching parties in Miami
- 7 Places You Must Visit in Key Biscayne
- Louis C.K. announces four show run at Arsht Center in November
- Miami public spaces are getting a makeover with these upcoming projects
- 12 Things You Didn't Know about Jean-Michel Basquiat
- 5 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Sept. 23-25
- Live the nostalgia of ‘¿Qué Pasa, USA?’ this Saturday
- 4 Fitness Events in South Florida for Gym Rats
- Everglades gets funky with Wynwood benefit
- Wade, Mourning and other celebs attend opening of Haitian photography exhibit in Wynwood