Join other tango-istas at the Factory Milonga every Wednesday night at 9 p.m.and boogie in this warehouse in Miami.
174 NW 25th Street
By Solange Reyner
Well, here's something a little different. It's a dance party - with a tango twist - in the heart of the Wynwood district. Join other tango-istas at the Factory Milonga every Wednesday night at 9 p.m. and boogie down in this warehouse in Miami.
It's a weekly shindig that starts with a beginner's class taught by Sofia Kaufmann, who is the co-organizer of the event. She learned tango in Uruguay and took workshops in Argentina to master the dance.
The Milonga, known as an afterparty, starts at 10 and goes until 2 a.m.
The cost: $10.
The beverage code: bring your own - vino is popular among the tango communities and sharing is a tradition.
"Not just sharing a dance, but the drinks, too," says Kaufmann.
This Wednesday, you'll get a special treat - Kaufmann and another duo will be performing at 11 p.m.
See and Do
- Ayikodans offers a prayer in the form of dance for its sixth season at the Arsht Center
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Feb. 5-7
- Skateboards and jazz collide this weekend at YoungArts campus
- 14 Events You Can't Miss in Miami in March 2016
- Actors’ Playhouse Company turns out a dazzling version of the musical ‘West Side Story’
- Latest touring version of the Tony-winning musical 'Book of Mormon' is a delight
- ‘The Nether’ raises provocative questions about the dark side of the web
- Slow Burn Theatre Company’s ‘Violet’ is a musical about the scars we carry
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Jan. 29-31
- 6 reasons Miami's drive-in theater is better than Netflix and chill