Join other tango-istas at the Factory Milonga every Wednesday night at 9 p.m.and boogie in this warehouse in Miami.
By Solange Reyner
Well, here's something a little different. It's a dance party - with a tango twist - in the heart of the Wynwood district. Join other tango-istas at the Factory Milonga every Wednesday night at 9 p.m. and boogie down in this warehouse in Miami.
It's a weekly shindig that starts with a beginner's class taught by Sofia Kaufmann, who is the co-organizer of the event. She learned tango in Uruguay and took workshops in Argentina to master the dance.
The Milonga, known as an afterparty, starts at 10 and goes until 2 a.m.
The cost: $10.
The beverage code: bring your own - vino is popular among the tango communities and sharing is a tradition.
"Not just sharing a dance, but the drinks, too," says Kaufmann.
This Wednesday, you'll get a special treat - Kaufmann and another duo will be performing at 11 p.m.
174 NW 25th Street
See and Do
- 5 kinds of guys you'll wind up meeting in Miami's dating scene
- Friends of The Underline hosts #PokemonGoUnderline social media contest
- So you think you can dance? Prove it on National Dance Day with the Miami City Ballet
- 7 things you must taste when in Miami
- 9 Instagram-Worthy Photo Opps in Miami
- 10 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - July 22-24
- Things we discovered on a 74-mile car trip on the Tamiami Trail from Miami to Naples
- Finding craft beer at Miami sports venues
- 9 events you can't miss in Miami - August 2016
- 9 weird things you see in Miami