Join other tango-istas at the Factory Milonga every Wednesday night at 9 p.m.and boogie in this warehouse in Miami.
174 NW 25th Street
By Solange Reyner
Well, here's something a little different. It's a dance party - with a tango twist - in the heart of the Wynwood district. Join other tango-istas at the Factory Milonga every Wednesday night at 9 p.m. and boogie down in this warehouse in Miami.
It's a weekly shindig that starts with a beginner's class taught by Sofia Kaufmann, who is the co-organizer of the event. She learned tango in Uruguay and took workshops in Argentina to master the dance.
The Milonga, known as an afterparty, starts at 10 and goes until 2 a.m.
The cost: $10.
The beverage code: bring your own - vino is popular among the tango communities and sharing is a tradition.
"Not just sharing a dance, but the drinks, too," says Kaufmann.
This Wednesday, you'll get a special treat - Kaufmann and another duo will be performing at 11 p.m.
See and Do
- Miami Improv comedy club to reopen in Kendall on Saturday; Rob Schneider performs in April
- Youth Fair freebies, Parents’ Night Out, spring festivals & 10 other fun things to do this week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - March 14-16
- Cartoonist Stephan Pastis at Books & Books on Sunday, March 16
- Miami-Dade County Youth Fair: Five things we are excited about
- 'Book of Mormon,' 'Newsies' headline Arsht Center's next season
- Puppet shows, storytimes, spring break & 10 other fun things to do this week
- Gipsy Kings celebrate 25 years of 'Bamboleo' at the Hard Rock on May 15
- King Arthur and his knights get goofy in ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- ‘War Horse’ brings its imaginative, moving drama to Miami’s Arsht Center