Join other tango-istas at the Factory Milonga every Wednesday night at 9 p.m.and boogie in this warehouse in Miami.
174 NW 25th Street
By Solange Reyner
Well, here's something a little different. It's a dance party - with a tango twist - in the heart of the Wynwood district. Join other tango-istas at the Factory Milonga every Wednesday night at 9 p.m. and boogie down in this warehouse in Miami.
It's a weekly shindig that starts with a beginner's class taught by Sofia Kaufmann, who is the co-organizer of the event. She learned tango in Uruguay and took workshops in Argentina to master the dance.
The Milonga, known as an afterparty, starts at 10 and goes until 2 a.m.
The cost: $10.
The beverage code: bring your own - vino is popular among the tango communities and sharing is a tradition.
"Not just sharing a dance, but the drinks, too," says Kaufmann.
This Wednesday, you'll get a special treat - Kaufmann and another duo will be performing at 11 p.m.
See and Do
- Michael Franti & Spearhead headline music and yoga festival
- 10 things not to miss this week: Art, Marvel comics & freebie fun
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 25-27
- ‘Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy’ brings a United Nations of talent to the Broward Center stage
- Absorbing and exquisitely acted, GableStage’s ‘The Whale’ is a study in connection
- ‘H2OMBRE’ brings splashy spectacle and lots of water to the Arsht Center stage
- Cinderella, robots, date night & Munchkin Fun's top 10 picks for the week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 18-20
- Overtown Music and Arts Festival 2014
- Ice cream parties, kids carnivals & Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week