`Tangled' closes in on `Potter' at box office
A fairy-tale princess gave young wizard Harry Potter a run for his money at the weekend box office. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 remained the No. 1 movie with $50.3 million, cl...
A fairy-tale princess gave young wizard Harry Potter a run for his money at the weekend box office.
Three other new wide releases had so-so openings, led by Burlesque at No. 4 with $11.8 million for the weekend.
Estimated ticket sales for Friday through Sunday at U.S. and Canadian theaters, according to Hollywood.com:
1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1, $50.3 million.
2. Tangled, $49.1 million.
3. Megamind, $12.9 million.
4. Burlesque, $11.8 million.
5. Unstoppable, $11.75 million.
6. Love & Other Drugs, $9.9 million.
7. Faster, $8.7 million.
8. Due Date, $7.3 million.
9. The Next Three Days, $4.8 million.
10. Morning Glory, $4 million.
On Our Radar
- Madonna concert dates in Miami changed
- Christina Milian models in Miami Beach
- What's up with Ryan Tannehill's mega contract?
- Instacart: An easier way to get groceries?
- Tony Romo eats his way through Miami
- Phil Collins in town
- Adrian Grenier guest of honor at magazine party
- Kings of Chaos at Hard Rock Live
- Joe Pepitone biopic penned by local screenwriters
- Talking to Beyonce's fitness guru Marco Borges