`Tangled' closes in on `Potter' at box office
A fairy-tale princess gave young wizard Harry Potter a run for his money at the weekend box office. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 remained the No. 1 movie with $50.3 million, cl...
A fairy-tale princess gave young wizard Harry Potter a run for his money at the weekend box office.
Three other new wide releases had so-so openings, led by Burlesque at No. 4 with $11.8 million for the weekend.
Estimated ticket sales for Friday through Sunday at U.S. and Canadian theaters, according to Hollywood.com:
1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1, $50.3 million.
2. Tangled, $49.1 million.
3. Megamind, $12.9 million.
4. Burlesque, $11.8 million.
5. Unstoppable, $11.75 million.
6. Love & Other Drugs, $9.9 million.
7. Faster, $8.7 million.
8. Due Date, $7.3 million.
9. The Next Three Days, $4.8 million.
10. Morning Glory, $4 million.
On Our Radar
- Two locals will appear on ABC's The Bachelorette
- Bryan 'Birdman' launches vodka at Mokai
- Rob Delaney teams up with local company for game
- Chad "Ochocinco" Johnson arrested in Broward
- Gorilla Perfumes making a stop at LUSH on Lincoln Road
- Food Network chefs sign on to Alex’s Lemonade Stand
- Rewind Recap: Accordion Invasion hits South Beach
- Glades star Jordan Wall to appear at fundraiser
- Score tickets for concert at Microsoft store opening
- Will and Jaden Smith get photobombed at Heat game