Tampa's Whiskey Joe's Bar & Grill opening in July on Key Biscayne
Successful Tampa dockside drinking & dining spot tries its luck on Key Biscayne
Taking over the excellent waterfront space formerly owned by Rickenbacker Fish Company and countless other spots that just couldn't seem to make it is Whiskey Joe's, a Tampa hot-spot serving fish tacos, po'boys, sliders, seafood, more seafood and booze, lots of booze---ten beers are on tap with over 20 available and there's a daily happy hour from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. with half off all apps and drink specials. Expect an opening sometime in July.
Says Martin Duffany, the restaurant's so called "Partier-in-Chief," whose title helps to explain the mindset behind the place, which may be the key to its ultimate success, "Whiskey Joe's is a perfect fit for Miami, with its beautiful women, fast boats and party mood. We'll always have music playing, drinks pouring and even have games set up, like cornhole. Key Biscayne is an awesome location and I think people are going to be blown away by the place." Cornhole, incidentally, is also known as bean bag toss. Must be a Tampa thing.
- Golden Fig farmhouse restaurant opening late summer in ex OTC space
- Pierre's, Morada Beach Cafe off the market with new executive chef, Ishmael Toro
- Dinner at La Savina at Mondrian out; Brooklyn's Momo Sushi Shack 'pop-up' in
- Ted's at YoungArts closed
- LGBT Night at Dos Caminos
- OTC closes in Brickell after 3-year run
- Morimoto South Beach introduces weekend brunch
- Ex District chef, James Beard nominee Horacio Rivadero appointed executive chef at Tantalize
- More tacos on the way: Wapo Taco opening in Coral Gables
- DB Bistro Moderne Miami goes casual for the summer