Tampa's Whiskey Joe's Bar & Grill opening in July on Key Biscayne
Successful Tampa dockside drinking & dining spot tries its luck on Key Biscayne
Taking over the excellent waterfront space formerly owned by Rickenbacker Fish Company and countless other spots that just couldn't seem to make it is Whiskey Joe's, a Tampa hot-spot serving fish tacos, po'boys, sliders, seafood, more seafood and booze, lots of booze---ten beers are on tap with over 20 available and there's a daily happy hour from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. with half off all apps and drink specials. Expect an opening sometime in July.
Says Martin Duffany, the restaurant's so called "Partier-in-Chief," whose title helps to explain the mindset behind the place, which may be the key to its ultimate success, "Whiskey Joe's is a perfect fit for Miami, with its beautiful women, fast boats and party mood. We'll always have music playing, drinks pouring and even have games set up, like cornhole. Key Biscayne is an awesome location and I think people are going to be blown away by the place." Cornhole, incidentally, is also known as bean bag toss. Must be a Tampa thing.
- Vikram Katoch appointed new executive chef at Bianca
- Restaurant-season slowdown hits Miami
- Caviar launches Miami delivery service from Blue Collar, Miami Smokers and more
- BBQ night at Harry's Pizzeria
- Munch, munch, pass: 4/20 dinner sparks up at Eating House in Coral Gables
- Lindsay Autry, Xavier Torres, Todd Erickson, Jason Pringle, & Richard Hales to compete in Cochon 555
- Phuc-in Yay! Phuc Yea! Vietnamese pop-up to go permanent mid-May
- Coya Miami opening Thursday, February 19
- 3.5 star review can't keep 27 open; Broken Shaker, restaurant shut temporarily at Freehand
- Wynwood Diner opening in March