Tampa's Whiskey Joe's Bar & Grill opening in July on Key Biscayne
Successful Tampa dockside drinking & dining spot tries its luck on Key Biscayne
Taking over the excellent waterfront space formerly owned by Rickenbacker Fish Company and countless other spots that just couldn't seem to make it is Whiskey Joe's, a Tampa hot-spot serving fish tacos, po'boys, sliders, seafood, more seafood and booze, lots of booze---ten beers are on tap with over 20 available and there's a daily happy hour from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. with half off all apps and drink specials. Expect an opening sometime in July.
Says Martin Duffany, the restaurant's so called "Partier-in-Chief," whose title helps to explain the mindset behind the place, which may be the key to its ultimate success, "Whiskey Joe's is a perfect fit for Miami, with its beautiful women, fast boats and party mood. We'll always have music playing, drinks pouring and even have games set up, like cornhole. Key Biscayne is an awesome location and I think people are going to be blown away by the place." Cornhole, incidentally, is also known as bean bag toss. Must be a Tampa thing.
- Chef Jeremiah & Roel Alcudia team up on gastroDobo, a 1-night Filipino pop-up in Wynwood
- GK Bistronomie bringing 'globally inspired Peruvian' cuisine to Wynwood
- Habit Burger opens in Miami, donates first-week proceeds to charity
- 'Chopped' champ Mathias Gervais opening modern Asian restaurant at The Setai
- Morimoto closing Sept. 30 in South Beach
- For the first time, a woman runs the kitchen at The Forge in Miami Beach
- Marion Miami restaurant gets set to open in Brickell
- Dinner Lab hosts Miami meal with gin pairings on Aug. 25
- Miami restaurateur Michael Schwartz faces federal lawsuit alleging employee mistreatment
- Wynwood Diner opens this weekend in Miami