Tampa's Whiskey Joe's Bar & Grill opening in July on Key Biscayne
Successful Tampa dockside drinking & dining spot tries its luck on Key Biscayne
Taking over the excellent waterfront space formerly owned by Rickenbacker Fish Company and countless other spots that just couldn't seem to make it is Whiskey Joe's, a Tampa hot-spot serving fish tacos, po'boys, sliders, seafood, more seafood and booze, lots of booze---ten beers are on tap with over 20 available and there's a daily happy hour from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. with half off all apps and drink specials. Expect an opening sometime in July.
Says Martin Duffany, the restaurant's so called "Partier-in-Chief," whose title helps to explain the mindset behind the place, which may be the key to its ultimate success, "Whiskey Joe's is a perfect fit for Miami, with its beautiful women, fast boats and party mood. We'll always have music playing, drinks pouring and even have games set up, like cornhole. Key Biscayne is an awesome location and I think people are going to be blown away by the place." Cornhole, incidentally, is also known as bean bag toss. Must be a Tampa thing.
- R House restaurant, lounge, art space opening January in Wynwood
- Canadian chain Earls Kitchen + Bar opening Spring 2014 in Dadeland Mall
- Buns & Buns bringing the bread--meat, vegetables & seafood--to South Miami in 2014
- Say ciao to Serafina at Dream South Beach, closing at the end of December
- Former Miami chef Kerry Simon batting aggressive form of Parkinson's
- Eating House's spicy holiday greeting card goes viral
- Copperbox restaurant space in Wynwood for sale
- Chef Timon Balloo's Bocce Bar rustic Italian now open in Midtown
- The Rumor Mill: Eataly coming to Miami?
- Shake Shack Coral Gables hosts The Brooklyn Brewery Mash: Miami Edition December 9