Tampa's Whiskey Joe's Bar & Grill opening in July on Key Biscayne
Successful Tampa dockside drinking & dining spot tries its luck on Key Biscayne
Taking over the excellent waterfront space formerly owned by Rickenbacker Fish Company and countless other spots that just couldn't seem to make it is Whiskey Joe's, a Tampa hot-spot serving fish tacos, po'boys, sliders, seafood, more seafood and booze, lots of booze---ten beers are on tap with over 20 available and there's a daily happy hour from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. with half off all apps and drink specials. Expect an opening sometime in July.
Says Martin Duffany, the restaurant's so called "Partier-in-Chief," whose title helps to explain the mindset behind the place, which may be the key to its ultimate success, "Whiskey Joe's is a perfect fit for Miami, with its beautiful women, fast boats and party mood. We'll always have music playing, drinks pouring and even have games set up, like cornhole. Key Biscayne is an awesome location and I think people are going to be blown away by the place." Cornhole, incidentally, is also known as bean bag toss. Must be a Tampa thing.
- Top Chef Masters contestant Herb Wilson is executive chef of SoFi's forthcoming Red Ginger
- Michelle Bernstein to bring a little Crumb on Parchment to Miami Dolphins games
- Albert Trummer's Drawing Room Bar & Lounge to open at new Shelborne
- Seasalt & Pepper slammed with new lawsuits
- La Maison owes $12,922.69 in back rent
- Adria Alum opening Piripi in the Gables
- London's Coya opening on Brickell
- Unlimited tacos and beer for $18.21 debuts at Toro Toro
- New kitchen leadership at Bocce Bar
- Mignonette oyster bar in Miami's Edgwater slated for Aug. 1 opening and we have the menu!