Tamiami International Orchid Festival
Stock up on beautiful orchids at the annual Tamiami International Orchid Festival.
While our freezing friends in the North are stocking up on blankets and firewood, South Floridians can stock up on orchids at the Tamiami International Orchid Festival at the Miami-Dade County Fair & Expo (10901 SW 24th St., Miami). This annual festival, which runs from 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday, is the place to find both affordable and rare orchids from 50 national and international growers.
Are you afraid you will kill your precious plants? Take in one of the classes or lectures and learn how to tend these fickle flowers. Need a cute way to display your orchids? Check out the vendors peddling a variety of orchid arts and crafts and beautiful displays. Want to take something home for free? Enter the raffle and you could win 50 beautiful orchids of your own. $10 for adults and children 12 and older; orchidfestival.com.
See and Do
- What to do with kids in Miami May 20-26
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - May 17-19
- Ten Years of Cubalibre Block Party
- What to do with kids in Miami May 13-19
- Bill Cosby, at Hard Rock Sunday, talks about TV, racism and life
- ‘War Horse’ casts a simple yet powerful spell
- ‘Memphis’ cast shows vocal chops
- Create-A-Skate at the Museum of Discovery and Science
- 'War Horse' gallops into the South Florida this week
- Miami Museum Month