Talking to celebrity trainer Jillian Michaels
Here for Sweat USA
Let Jillian Michaels see you sweat! The no-nonsense trainer of NBC’s Biggest Loser is hosting Sweat USA, a weekend dedicated to all things fitness at the Miami Beach Convention Center Friday-Sunday. Attendees will have the opportunity to meet their super toned idols and perspire to their hearts’ content. As for Michaels, the 39-year-old will lead classes, conduct a meet and greet and attend a VIP cocktail party.
Can you explain what’s going to go down at Sweat USA?
It’s a really a huge fitness event and for anyone who wants to try out different things: spinning, Flywheel, Zumba, we’ve got it all. Or maybe you’re someone looking for motivation or to get back into a healthy lifestyle. It will be a lot of fun.
If you ever thought you could take a workout with me, there’s that option, too. Cross that off your bucket list!
Speaking of sweating, when you’re in Miami, do you like to exercise outside?
I love the vibe there, people walking around in short shorts and bathing suits and this, that or the other. But to be honest, no. I may go for a bike ride, but if you’re doing something crazy intense, I prefer climate control.
On Our Radar
- Former 'Queer Eye' designer Thom Filicia lends his touch to new condo in Edgewater
- Key West company featured on 'The Profit'
- Miami Beach, Miami Gardens among nation’s most dangerous suburbs
- George Lopez talks 'Saint George' and 'Rio 2'
- Old Spice Guy Isaiah Mustafa spreads the love
- Will Smith seen relaxing at Zuma
- Local designer wins Lifetime's 'Under the Gunn'
- 'House of Cards' star Kevin Spacey dines out
- Austin Mahone celebrates 18th birthday
- Miracle Myles: Myles Chefetz's South of Fifth takeover continues with Prime Private