Take a smart test drive in Wynwood this weekend
Smart car event includes free giveaways, food and entertainment
The most experience many Miamians have had with an electric car is a golf cart. In this land of glitzy gas-guzzling sports cars, many think electric vehicles belong in a world of yuppie Silicon Valley techies. But smart wants to change that. Smart is bringing their Smart funtestdrive tour to Miami on June 8 and 9. For those of you unfamiliar with smart, you may have seen Miami carshare program Car2Go’s fleet of tiny white and blue cars zooming across the city; their fleet is composed entirely of gas-powered smart fortwo vehicles.
This weekend, you can test drive smart’s newest electric drive, the same smart you know and love with an electric engine that can get you zipping across the city for 68 miles on a single charge. For those of you who prefer a car that sips fossil fuels, you can also try the smart’s gas-powered fortwo which gets a very respectable 38 miles per gallon on the highway.
If past funtestdrive events across the country are any indication, expect free giveaways, grub and entertainment to keep you stimulated while you wait your turn behind the wheel. This should make for an especially fun event to head to before you make your way over to Saturday night's Wynwood Art Walk.
smart funtestdrive tour: Miami
210 NW 22nd Lane, Miami
Saturday, June 8: Noon - 8 p.m.
Sunday, June 9: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
To attend, register at www.smartcarfundrive.com/testdrive. Spaces are limited and you must be over 18-years-old and sign a waiver.
On Our Radar
- Five reasons to not give up on the Miami Heat
- Boo Madea star Tyler Perry: I don't like Halloween
- Florida has better taste in Halloween candy than most other states, says survey
- Phil Collins: 'I don’t like Miami particularly'
- DJ Irie gets put in the hot seat this Saturday at his own celebrity roast
- King Tide floods the streets of South Florida
- Jose Fernandez may get his own Miami street
- Orange is the New Black star gets her drink on
- Where to get hurricane updates without a TV
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Mark Ruffalo at “Before the Flood” screening